SearchSearch 

Aeroworx B200 captains, please help

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

my first crosscountry on my new B200 from KBOS to La Guadia....
this is a rainy windy night, everything seems to be fine. I am on a nice glideslope with AP until the runway and VASI are fully visible at about 700 feet alt when I disengage the AP. I keep descending at speed 125kt, 700 ft vsi, full flaps and gears. At alt 200 feet or so, the bird suddenly drops like a stone, I pull the yoke with full back presure, I dont even have time to trim before I crashed 100 feet ahead of the runway pavement. I dont know why it loses lift and drops like a rock, any idea?
btw, I always had landing problem with this B200 when I was practicing the pattern. I can do almost perfect landings with Conquest 441 and C172. I dont know whats wrong

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I just went KVNY to KPSP and it was an easy landing. I haven't seen this A/C do anything like what you've described. I'll try to set up using the conditions you described and see what happens.

luap47 Guest

are you cutting power before you flare? because that could do it... even though most may not think so, this place decellerates at a pretty good rate. in this plane, hold about 750lbs/ft of torque through final and bring it down only into the 600s, no lower, until you're mid-flare, then cut the power and it should settle nicely.
Paul

luap47 Guest

and also, i forgot to mention, on final shoot for about 121kts and try for 105 over the numbers...
Paul