Setting speeds

How do I set a low but steady speed for taxiing?
At the moment I race down the taxiways as if I am going to take off and have to brake like hell at the end of taxiway.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

just keep the throttle low!!! or on civil jets set the auto throttle

How do I set autothrottle coz I turn it on on the autopilot panel and it does nothing.

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

what a/c are u flying

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

On taxi FAA mandates that you should never exceed 25 kts Ground Speed (GS as indicated in the GPS of default aircraft). Keep the airplane at minimum power, and you'll get rolling just fine.

For the auto-throttle, that's there to hold the speeds you set into the autopilot. If you flip it on, you can then engage things like the "TO/GO" buttons (to get full automated take off power), the "SPD" or the "Mach" buttons on your autopilot to have it hold the speed you program in there.

You can't use it to taxi though! Just to make your flying more convinient once in the air.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...