Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

auto-pilot not landing properly

When I click on the "approach" button on autopilot, it overcompensates banking left and right to try and catch the ILS...

meaning: When it tries to get on course with the runway's heading, it swings far right, then when it goes by the runway heading, it swings left, and so on.. So it basically weaves left and right trying to line up the plane, meanwhile I miss the approach. Is there any way to correct this?

thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I don't have that problem with the APP mode. Which panel are you using?

When the localizer needle starts to move to the center you have to turn left or right to the runway heading. Once that needle is centered then you can engage the APP mode. The aircraft will make little turns to align with the localizer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

That is just the nature of the APP button in FS9. It always overcompensates if it has to take drastic action to get you on the glideslope. You need to line yourself up roughly both horizontally and vertically and then click APP when you have been given vectors to land etc. Then APP will make small adjustments and you can make a good landing 😉

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

first, you have watch the needle closely, as soon as it starts to move, click APPR. Dont delay. Second, you have to slow down to the approach speed before it intersects the localizer. ILS cannot handle higher speed.