VATSIM and FPS

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyones Frames Per Second take a hit when their flying online? If so does anyknow know anyway to sort this problem??

Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

One thing, I'm not sure what your net connection is, but it could be server lag instead of PC lag.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Thats affirm. If your connection is too low, or you connect to some really really busy servers, it'll lag a bit. If you have a reasonably fast internet connection, try connecting to a different server when you log in. Sometimes one is just busier than another (although they are all capable of flying hundreds of planes).

Another question is, what's your latest version of SquawkBox? The initial release of SB3 actually had a few little bugs that would give deplorable fps, but that was remedied pretty quickly. However, if you weren't watching for it, you may have missed the update.

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

Hey guys,

I live in Scotland so i connect to UK server one.

My internet connection is fast (I know that much) I know its over 1GB wireless boradband.

And i am using squawkbox 3. Where can i download the latest one?

Thanks guys

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Just un-install your current one and load the latest one from http://squawkbox.ca/news/. You can also go the route of FSINN. A lot of people use that instead of SB3 and love it. I have never tried it though so I don't know the website.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...