Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

How to refuel in FS2004?

Daniboy Guest

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO REFUEL ON THIS GAME???? I CANT SEEM TO FIND OUT HOW Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Take your choice of these three ways.
1: Taxi over to the fuel pumps.
2: Assign a key to the command "Add Fuel Quantity".
3: Select "Aircraft - Fuel and Payload" from the menu (press Alt).

Enjoy ❗

Please don't use all caps, it's called shouting...thanks. 👍

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Jim Glockner (jimmyglockner) Trainee

RadarMan,

Thank you for the notice about assigning a key to "Add Fuel Quantity". I was aware of the other two possibilities but not that one. Thanks again.

JimmyGlockner

jjh Guest

is it possible to refule in the air like air force one does. with a plane flying above it and extending a rod into the front of the plane

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I've never heard of it being done in FS9, how are you going to get and control 2 aircraft alone, maybe in multiplayer, don't know.

The first one on this page.
FS2002 SIKORSKY MH-53J PAVELOW III produced using FSDS1
http://www.fsplanet.com/24022003.htm

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Thanks. That answers the question I had about refueling.

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

jjh wrote:

is it possible to refule in the air like air force one does. with a plane flying above it and extending a rod into the front of the plane

If you get Lago's F16 add-on (which in itself is SUPERB) from here http://www.lagosim.com/default.asp?act=scheda&p=100034&lang=eng it also has in-flight refuelling. It's a challenge!!!!!

mattinport Guest

it isnt a challenge...its near impossible!!! would try to use auto poilet in the f-16 excepti dont know how<>? Oh well

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

It's not actually that bad, though I do think it has bugs in... I've deleted the PDF manual now but it works like this;

Two toggle switches on the left land side of the cockpit (clearly labled so you should see them). Both have 3 positions, in the middle is off.

The alt. switch when in one position will keep the current pitch. When in the other it'll hold the current altitude

The heading switch when in one position will keep the current heading and in the other position will turn the aircraft (very slowly!!) to the heading bug.

Dave

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Also you can hit shift + x or is it control + x when you are flying and are on empty. A warning will pop up. Sigh still trying to make it from the mainland to Hawaii in my P-12.

I have a hard time at the fuel pumps some times I get fuel others I just sit there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Seideric wrote:

I have a hard time at the fuel pumps some times I get fuel others I just sit there.

I found that I have to "nose in" to get refueled not come at them from the side.
If that won't work push back and try again.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Thanks RadarMan I will try nose in, the first time I was wing in.

Pro Member Trainee
tomax7 Trainee

Hey does anyone have a problem when refuelling a NW747-400 that it will go nose up and rear down.

Someone mentioned about fuel loading...ok, how do I fix that then?

I know it's a bug with the plane specs, and there was a patch, and can't remember where I saw a patch for this issue. Searched Google and here, but nothing.

Plus the ground steering is useless, have to make a big arch turn.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Maybe that patch would help your problems.
If we knew what to look for we could help.

Radar

i got 2 fings 2 say

1. yes u can refuel in mid air with numerous planes i think all payware and i use the LAGO tornado. the refuelling tanker is computreized on a course and u can refuel in multi or single but member in multiplayer its still computerized the tanker is not another player

2. this leads me onto this! u know if u go to refuelling pump and shut down ur engines it will refuel ur plane. well bviously the pump has coding or scripting or whatever u call it. i wonder if u can find that code and implant it into a tanker that u may have and then u can refuel PLAYER to PLAYER course u also have to change script cause u cant have ur friend shuttin down enginhes in mid air and trying to maintain speed lol 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Easiest way to refuel is to taxi up to the fuel pumps and set the parking brake. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

In addition to dear CRJCapt's suggestion we can also use the CTRL+X(of course not at all realistic).
I prefer CRJCapt's method everywhere i find fuel pumps ,and try to calculate my fuel right, than use my suggestion. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jjh wrote:

Yes. Freeware - but Russian aircraft, not American.

First, you need this Base Package:

you can get it here ➡ http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=tupolev114_install.zip&Author=&CatID=root

Next, you need the AWACS Tanker Package:

you can get it here ➡
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=install_tu126.zip&Author=&CatID=root

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Am i the only one i cant view the pics(red cross instead)? Doh!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

No. I can't see the pictures either. 😕