Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FS2002 still playable on a laptop?

Bistori Guest

Dear,

I have now a laptop. On my classic PC it was not a problem to play FS2002. Since I have my laptop I didn't play the game. My question is: since the game make use of the numeric keyboard, can you play the game on a laptop as wel? Are there no keys with a double function if you activate the numeric keyboard on your laptop? Or are you obliged to buy an external numeric keyboard? Or are there other solutions?

Yours sincerely,

Bistori

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As long as your laptop is capable (many aren't) of playing 2002 there is no reason you can't do it.
A keyboard is a keyboard, we have a few members that play 2004 on their laptops.
You can use a USB joystick if you like.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

First of all you have to let us know if your Laptop can run FS.Give us the specs will be helpful.I think its better to get a joystick than an extra numeric pad.

Friendly 😉

Wobba Guest

RadarMan wrote:

As long as your laptop is capable (many aren't) of playing 2002 there is no reason you can't do it.
A keyboard is a keyboard, we have a few members that play 2004 on their laptops.
You can use a USB joystick if you like.

Radar

surprisingly, many laptops can. Infact I played FS2002 on my laptop once. It worked perfectly.

Well then, I've installed FS2002 on my laptop, at last...!
There were no install problems and the game is playable.
The only thing is that when I manouver my plane (like the Cessna)
the NUM lock must be ON and I have to use the SHIFT key in combination with my num. key pad of the laptop, which is indeed a bit confusing. Mybe I will try an external keypad. Thanks anyway for all your reactions.
Oh, and by the way, my laptop is an Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1845, Intel Mobile Pentium 4, 15.4" TFT WXGA 1200 x 800 pixel display, 1024 MB DDR SDRAM, 60 GB hard drive and has an ATI mobility Radion 9700 graphical card, with 128 MB RAM. I hope this information will do?

Yours sincerely,

Bistori

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good to see it's working out well.
Looking at the specs of your machine I can see why, especially 1 gig ram and a nice card.

Enjoy!

Radar

I have tested the laptop with a separate extra numeric keyboard and I have to say that FS2002 works like on a non-laptop computer!

Best regards,

Bistori