SearchSearch 

IFR Flight Cancelled

RCNextGen Guest

hey,

I was doing was first IFR flight from london to orlando and all was going well until I had to pop to the restroom. When I returned ATC had I guess asked me to change radio frequencies and because I didn't they cancelled my IFR flight plan!!

This was extemely annoying. Is there any way to prevent this happening? I tried reopening my flight plan but it took me back to the ground at heathrow. Is there anything else I could have done?

thanks

Andy

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Yes, you can let it cancel the flight plan and start a new one and then when a box asks if you want to be moved to that destination or something similar click NO! Otherwise it will take you to somewhere you don't want to be 😉

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I can't even tell you how many times I've forgotten to click NOOO!!!. Although it is strange, now that I take most of my flights online, if you're in ATC controlled airspace you actually have to request your *ahem* "leave of cockpit." 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

RCNextGen,

On a long haul like this one if you need to use the facilities just "PAUSE" key "P". This messes up your flight time though. You will notice that wne you return the time has stoodstill but, you still have your flightplan.

Hope that this has helped you.

Regarads,

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Why didn't you just pause the game??????????