SearchSearch 

I dont understand

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

Ok, I downloaded FSPassengers and Ive been flying out of SF CA. When I fly the 747 I can fly with full payload, but it takes forever to lift off. And when I do its at the end of the runway and all the passengers get scared.

But when I fly the 777, I take off just fine, but can only have like 45 pass max, and thats without cargo. Why can I only fly 45 people?

13 Responses

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Sounds a bit stupid, but I take it your using flaps?! 😂

Pro Member First Officer

No. I thought they were only for landing?

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

No, they are used for both takeoff and landing.

Check the 747 aircraft manual for how much flap to use for takeoff, I cant remember it off by heart because I only fly GA aircraft. Keep checking back, another member will reply with the answer soon.

Thanks,
Jarred 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Wheres the manual? ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

if your at full load with a 747 you'll want to use 20°.

Pro Member First Officer

Ok, I tried again, with the flaps at 20*. I raised them at like 5-6K feet and everything was all good. Im, now at 15K feet and slowley rising. Well I just heard this loud noise, and my co-pilot said the flaps took too much speed and now they are frozen.

What happened? I had them all the way up. ❓

And when I take it off of autopilot, it banks to the right hard.

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

In FSP when the copilot says that the flaps are frozen it means that they will no longer work. Basically one you pass the maximum flap speed and they freeze, they wont work, its the same with the Landing gear.

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Mustangfreak,

Hey I've been on and had housing at Kadena. How is the old [b]place [/b]doing? If you look on the consol infront of you you will see the little airplane the ones that are next to com, gps,etc... Click on the checkmark (kneeboard) in it it will have ths basics for you takeoff and landing configurations. The 747 can haul a lot of butt. You shouldn't have any problems. The 747 is sluggish till you start gaining altitude. FS passengers may have too much input when you first start using it. Maybe if you shut it till you get used to it, it may help you.

Regards,

Pro Member First Officer

edr1073 wrote:

Mustangfreak,

Hey I've been on and had housing at Kadena. How is the old [b]place [/b]doing?
Regards,

Im enjoying Kadena 🙂 Though I am single so I have to live in the tiny dorms heh

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

Yeah...you need to suck up the flaps fairly soon after TO. Another thing that will help to get off the runway is the proper trim settings. Make sure you have the nose trimmed up to TO before you try and get that beast into the air.

Pro Member First Officer

Well, I kept flying, but with autopilot on, it just flew in a huge circle.

Pro Member Trainee
krayzie334 Trainee

what do you do out here in kadena? im here too.

Pro Member First Officer

krayzie334 wrote:

what do you do out here in kadena? im here too.

Im POL (fuels)

whats your job?