What do you do for a living?

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

I'm in the Air Force, and I'm a POL troop. Im sure everyone knows what POL is, but for those who dont, I refuel aircraft on the ground 😀 I absolutly love my job, I love bieng out on the flightline, watching all sorts of Air Force and some civilian jets take off and land. Never gets old 😀

Answers 54 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm a prospector 😀 Ha Ha

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Student....for 6 more months

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I am a Billing technician

(Telecoms billing database / gui code monkey and process spanner)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I stock beer and crap at a party store untill I'm off to college. Then I'm gonna teach German and prolly History/civics

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

I stock beer and crap at a party store untill I'm off to college. Then I'm gonna teach German and prolly History/civics

FEM you have a unique way of speaking and sharing your thougths.I had to laugh with this...crap services ROFL ...and i try to imagine you as a foreign language teacher.... Umm... I bet you will be the ideal one....First class of contact with students and i bet also that when you get mad they will seat on their pants...

And seriously now i wish you finished college soon and start this job ,which im sure that you will have great success and a long carrier. ❗

As about me im working for the research and development sector of a telecom industry as Product Engineering Manager in Broadband Systems products.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Lol thanks GM. Actually right now I'm still in High School but I'm trying to look ahead and plan for the future with college and such. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Go ahead mate...the future belongs to you... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Well, I'm in the same situation as FEM, but slightly different. I don't work yet, but I've finished High School. In december 5 (I found the exact date today) I will start my flying lessons. As most of you know, my hopes are to become a Commercial Airline Transport Pilot and hopefully work for TAP Portugal as a pilot. 😀

Last edited by Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) on Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

I'm a High School student, I am not sure if that has the same meaning as in the US but I am 15.

As for careers choices... Not sure about a pilot, but hopefully something to do with Aviation!!

Thanks,
Jarred 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I'm a MD, presently resident in psychiatry.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Please help a foreigner here.I can understand that you are a psychiatrist,which means that you are a Doctor.But what MD means?
D = doctor?

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Please help a foreigner here.I can understand that you are a psychiatrist,which means that you are a Doctor.But what MD means?
D = doctor?

I would say the M stands for Medical but I could be wrong.

I work in a warehouse (boring I know) but at the moment I'm learning IT Maintance & IT networking.

I thought MD was Managing Director Dont Know

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I'm a student, in 8th grade.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I thought MD was Managing Director Dont Know

Sorry that was me 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I thought too about M means Medical but it doesnt fit to me as a phrase(Medical Doctor... Umm... )...Although Bindolaf will solve our problem(i hope)...Maybe as a psychiatrist put a test to us... 😉

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Sorry, yea MD means Medical Doctor. It's what the degree is called. Sorry for the confusion.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Bindolaf wrote:

Sorry, yea MD means Medical Doctor. It's what the degree is called. Sorry for the confusion.

No need to be sorry Bindolaf...We enjoy this...quiz...as well 😉

😂

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

I'm 11 years old. probably the youngest here. I go to school. I am hoping to be an Airline Pilot and fly for a big airline.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

wow

you probably type better than most of us here too!

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

Mustangfreak wrote:

I'm in the Air Force, and I'm a POL troop. Im sure everyone knows what POL is, but for those who dont, I refuel aircraft on the ground 😀 I absolutly love my job, I love bieng out on the flightline, watching all sorts of Air Force and some civilian jets take off and land. Never gets old 😀

I am now a pilot for U.S. Airways. I fly 777, 767, 737, a319, a320.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Electrical Engineering student at Columbia University. Been in college for 4 years, but lost a year finishing up my B.A. in Physics, so still have another one to go after this. Office job here I come!

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

Was a software test engineer (until the early 2000's when the industry went to pot. Went to my eme (Emergency Medical Service) backgroung (I am a volunteer firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician- Intermediate).

Now working as a medic and clinical technician in the Emergency Department of a local hospital.

Hope to soon (after Nov 8th) be a County Supervisor.
Politics can be fun..........REALLY.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Oh well, as long as everyone is baring their soul. 🙄

I am semi-retired, but still administer the email and web servers for about a dozen domains. I used to be a member of what the press likes to call the,"intelligence community". 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I am 14 years old and im at secondary school in the 4th form. In 3 years i'll be in Uni.

Pro Member Trainee
mickwill Trainee

38 year old IT Manager for a chemical manufacturing company in the North West UK (quite close to Harwarden so I get to see the Airbus Guppy T/O and Land quite often 😎 ).

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

I fly 777, 767, 737, a319, a320

Uhm, unless I missed something I was unaware that they had pilots flying that many airframes.

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

Dang, I thought I would be one of the younger members. I'm 22 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah you would figure getting 5 type ratings would be a little bit over the top...but what the hell do I know. 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

I thought pilots only flew one plane as well, but obviously not.

I'm outta here for a the rest of the week now while I study for exams, so I probably wont be around for a while, but I will see you all soon. Sorry, Off Topic!, but I had to write it somewhere, saves starting up a new thread. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

I thought pilots only flew one plane as well, but obviously not.

I'm outta here for a the rest of the week now while I study for exams, so I probably wont be around for a while, but I will see you all soon. Sorry, Off Topic!, but I had to write it somewhere, saves starting up a new thread. 🙂

Good luck in your exams 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

Uhm, unless I missed something I was unaware that they had pilots flying that many airframes.[/quote]

I am now a pilot for U.S. Airways. I fly 777, 767, 737, a319, a320.[/quote]

Hahaha
when your as dirt old as i am you learn alot 😎 i like to stay young......Wink i have worked for many airlines..... i had the best time on southwest.... if you have ever flew on this airline...you know what i mean.=737
now i have also worked on delta= 777,767
and now i work for U.S. Air and fly a319 and a320
I am doing simulators on A380's.... i plan on Changing from U.S. Air to Virgen Atlantic when the A380 comes out...... look out for me Wink
Big change from a320 to a380
lol

Pro Member Chief Captain

Maybe US airports will show some good sense for a change, and refuse to spend the money necessary for modifications to accommodate the 380.

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

For the last 13 years I have been in the employ of American Greetings, also know in other parts of the world as Carlton Cards, Gibson, or Plus Mark Greetings. I began here as a lowly field service Tech right out of college and am currently a statistics analyst and IT manager in the customer service division for agInteractive (americangreetings.com, bluemountain.com, egreetings.com, midiringtones.com, kiwi.com…..) But it looks like that will be changing soon as “the wiser heads” have decided to outsource 95% of our volume to a sweatshop in Florida. I fear that there will soon be no statistics to analyze for me. Anybody in north east Ohio looking for help?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Some day all the executives of companies that outsource will be stood in front of a wall and handed blindfolds. Twisted Evil

Littleal100,

I'd like to talk to you more about how you became a pilot. Can you please send me an email at mstevens901@cox.net? Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I start work at KTWF this summer as a summer job. I will be working for either Sky West or Salmon Air.

Littleal100 is lying guys. No one would ever quit a flying gig from Southwest, which apparently he says he had. He also claims that he is now flying for U.S. Air; they haven't hired in over 5 years.

His grammar is a whole other deal that I dont even want to get into. What 20 year pilot can't write a grammatically correct sentence. Something tells me this guy is probably about 12 years old trying to impress us. Pretending to be someone you aren't isn't impressive at all. Just come out and tell us what you really do.

One question will finally settle whether or not this guy is for real....

Littleal100,

What is your domicile and whats your per diem rate? This is an easy answer for anyone flying for US; if you dont though it takes quite a bit of research to find these numbers out.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Littleal100 is lying guys. No one would ever quit a flying gig from Southwest, which apparently he says he had. He also claims that he is now flying for U.S. Air; they haven't hired in over 5 years.

His grammar is a whole other deal that I dont even want to get into. What 20 year pilot can't write a grammatically correct sentence. Something tells me this guy is probably about 12 years old trying to impress us. Pretending to be someone you aren't isn't impressive at all. Just come out and tell us what you really do.

One question will finally settle whether or not this guy is for real....

Littleal100,

What is your domicile and whats your per diem rate? This is an easy answer for anyone flying for US; if you dont though it takes quite a bit of research to find these numbers out.

Guest, you stole those words from my own mouth - a pilot that has ratings and currently flys 5 different airframes, 15 or 20 years experience as a pilot and cant even spell Virgin Atlantic correctly - I dont think so! Wall Bashing

He doesn't seem like much of a pilot to me.

Pro Member Chief Captain

...and hes starting to train in the A380 soon 🙄

🤔

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Student...And NOT for a living!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Littleal100, I've sussed you, 🙄 and yes, you do sound as if your aviation orientated, I recognised you straight away, Your the flight attendent in FSPassengers !!! Wacko

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

im a 25 year old carpenter.

Pro Member Trainee
Lt_Fred Trainee

Student pilot. And work as a freelance shooter, (TV videographer), and editor for network news and corporate industry.

Don Wood Guest

I'm retired. First, retired as a law enforcement officer in southern California. Second, retired as a real estate agent, also in southern California. Now live on the desert about 100 miles NE of Las Vegas. I've been a pilot since 1973 and hold a commercial license with SEL, MEL, and instrument ratings.

Littleal100: I have my doubts about you also. Please give us a good definition of block time.

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

Well im a sales manager in a mobile phone store

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

I am a student in Scotland studying Engineering. I am completing my PPL at the moment and hope to try for some other liscences in the near future.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I'm 17 in eleventh grade with 1 year of work experience at a restraunt called, Spur. I'm hoping to get my PPL soon on a glider.

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (eagle3) Trainee

i'm a student, 5th grade 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

I kill people and break their stuff.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

I don't know what it is in the US, but I am in year 10 at school. Hope to become a heli pilot in the RAF.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Self employed contracted Process Server. Wink

Basically when you don't pay your bills I give you your court summons, and get paid an insanely large amount of cash to do it. I love it. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well I'm a sophmore in H.S. I work at Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers. Afer I graduate I plan on going to the University Of North Dakota to major in ATC. I hope on working as an ATC at KMKE here in Milwaukee, WI. Then later in my life I hope on owning my own airplane to fufill my dream along with getting married. Also Let me mention I am in flight traing to get my PPL. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...