SearchSearch 

TOMTHETANKS PROJECT WINGVIEW - NEED ALL HELP POSSIBLE

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi everyone.

I seriously cannot install panels or wing views - can anyone help me?
I can dowload them fairly easily but as soon as it gets to the bit about installing the panel or wing view, i am stuck. I am trying to workout tomthetank's idea of making your own wing views that he posted a couple of years back - you can find it here - https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1084/project-wing-view/

I would be grateful if anyone else could try it and so when you do it you can possibly give me a step by step instruction of its installation.

Thanks alot everyone, and I ask this as a favour.

from your good friend,

SteveT

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey Steve,

please don't take this wrong - the last thing I or anyone else want to do is to discourage you. There's nothing wrong with Tom's wingview instructions.

What you seem to be struggling with is the basic functions of your OS Windows. I know this can be a tedious undertaking but you can learn the basics by tackling simpler tasks and have fun at the same time.

Looking at Tom's instructions I get the feeling that you are simply struggling with the terminology. My advice for what it's worth would be to concentrate on one thing at a time - and you'll see that things start falling into place.

Just ask yourself: Of all the things I want (to know), which is the most important for me right now? Make a decision and stick to it. Finish the task/project you have chosen - and if you get stuck, by all means call and ask for help.

Don't be a stranger now, kind regards

Rick 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

The basic thing i need help with is the bit when you are asked by tom if you are aliasing the default 737 panel and if so the you should copy all of it then paste in ifdg panel- what does aliasing mean?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Panels and Sounds are often "aliased" to safe space on your HDD.
Example: Navigate to your fs9/aircraft/b777-300/sound.

Open the sound cfg.file and there you will read:

[fltsim]
alias=B737_400\sound

What that means is that when you're flying your B777 your listening to the same sound as when you're flying your B737.

Think about this for a while and try digesting it - because it is IMPORTANT.

Then come back with another question, one at a time, okay?

As I mentioned in a previous message to you, it helps us a lot if you tell us EXACTLY where you're at i.e. what aircraft (filename and download source are important) what are you stuck with at the moment. The best way to tackle this is to do one thing at a time.

BTW the "alias" thing: Navigate to fs9/aircraft/b737-400/sound

What do you see?? So now compare the two sound folders of the 737 and the 777 for a while and see if the penny drops. If not, we're at your service 😉

Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain

But can't you just try and download it yourself and then tell me what you did?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

But can't you just try and download it yourself and then tell me what you did?

Download WHAT from WHERE ??? That's what I'm talking about - you gotta be precise Steve. 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well basically, if you have an IFDG airbus plane then go to this link - https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1084/project-wing-view/ and try it for yourself and then tell me how u did it.

From SteveT

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Well basically, if you have an IFDG airbus plane then go to this link - https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1084/project-wing-view/ and try it for yourself and then tell me how u did it.

From SteveT

It doesn't work like that. Since Tom wrote those instructions, literally hundreds of iFDG Airbuses have been added to the various libraries. Some come with different panels, some come even with wingviews. Unless I know which a/c and I stress again give me the filename and the site where you got it from so I can download it - I won't be able to lead you through it.

Have you got Greg's Panel yet? Send me a PM and I'll get stuck into it in the morning. Sleep

Pro Member Chief Captain

Don't worry i have sorted it Thanks for all your help