Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

How do you takeoff properly with a A319

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew how to takeoff a A319 properly. I mean i can takeoff. I do it like this-

1) I accelarate down the runway to a speed of 120 knots. (Flaps=1)

2) At 120 knots I pull up the stick and climb with my nose at 20 degrees.

3) I then (at 2000 feet) lower the nose to maintain 200 knots.

Is this right enough or does anyone have a better set of instructions.

Thanks SteveT

P.S Every time someone sends a post in the forum, next to their name might be a picture-how do I do that.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Which Airbus is it?

Still, 120 knots is a little too low. The Airbus 319 is a good workhorse (two big engines on a small frame), but still, it's best not to push it =)

For a fully laden A319, try taking off at around 140ish (again, it depends). As for the climb, you don't need to maintain 200 kts if you don't want to. As I said the A319 has enough power, you can easily climb maintaining 250 (the max IAS below FL100). It's up to you though 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

This is what I do:

1. Make sure my trim is set correctly.

2. Set the autobrakes to MAX.

3. Accelerate the engines to 50% N1 to see if everything is working well.

4. Push the throttles to gain more speed.

5. At 140 knts (aircraft is almost always with lots of weight) rotate to 10 of pitch. 20 of pitch for the A319 is too much, I think.

6. Climb and maintain a certain altitude and set the speed to 250 knts.

7. Disengage the autobrakes and put the flaps up when I get to a certain speed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... Agus0404 I think you have No2 wrong Fear
Setting the brakes to max only works on touchdown and for take takeoff you set the autobrakes to RTO(anticlockwise from off)
That way,providing you set your spoilers to "armed" the brakes and spoilers deploy the moment you pull the throttles back if you reject takeoff

Sorry mate 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

TTT, in every Airbus the autobrakes are as follow:

LOW- Provides deceleration rates that are suitable for most routine operations where the runway is dry or braking action is reported to be good.

MED- Used when the runway is wet, slippery, or braking action is reported to be poor.

MAX- Are used for takeoff only. MAX brakes are the same as RTO brakes in a Boeing.

So, in an A319, or in every Airbus, you have to set the autobrakes to MAX, which is equal to RTO.

If you don't want to use autobrakes, just make sure all three lights are off.

Here's a picture of a real A319 cockpit. If you look above the landing gear lever, you'll see the autobrakes. They are shown behind the AUTO BRK title.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=823484&WxsIERv=Nveohf%20N319-112&Wm=0&WdsYXMg=Fjvff%20Vagreangvbany%20Nve%20Yvarf&QtODMg=Mhevpu%20%28-%20Xybgra%29%20%28MEU%20%2F%20YFMU%29&ERDLTkt=Fjvgmreynaq&ktODMp=Abirzore%201%2C%202004&BP=0&WNEb25u=WCF&xsIERvdWdsY=UO-VCH&MgTUQtODMgKE=Ernql%20sbe%20qrcnegvat%20gb%20Gevcbyv%2C%20nsgre%20ynfg%20syvtug%20bs%20Fjvff%20ZQ-11.&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=3395&NEb25uZWxs=2005-04-22&ODJ9dvCE=&O89Dcjdg=713&static=yes&width=1200&height=812&sok=JURER%20%20%28nvepensg_trarevp%20%3D%20%27Nveohf%20N319%27%29%20%20BEQRE%20OL%20cubgb_vq%20QRFP&photo_nr=10&prev_id=830034&next_id=815444&tbl=COCKPIT&size=L

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Blush I knew I should not have dissagreed with an Airbus master Oops!

This mistake was made by me Embarassed as at the moment Im flying a 737,where the brake setup is as I and you have said above

Im off now to wash my mouth out with soap Puke Up

I beg your forgiveness Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain

Don't worry, TTT. I forgive you. 😉

I know the Airbus cockpits just like the palm of my hand. Well, actually, I don't know 100% their cockpits. There are a few buttons that I don't know what they exactly do. Most of them are the ones in the overhead panel.

When I started to fly with my sim, I used to fly more Boeings than Airbus (I didn't know that I could download airplanes from the internet). I've learnt that by reading some posts. After that, I started to download some Airbus aircrafts. I only fly Airbus now. And I'm impressed with all their cockpits, aircrafts, and other stuff about them. That's how I became and Airbus fan 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

You are a good man Agus, thank you

Not just an Airbus fan No, No!

A Airbus Master 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

You're welcome, TTT. 😉

I feel a bit embarassed Embarassed

I also shoud be saying thank you....you helped me with lots of things. I remember the days when you helped me with my wingviews. 🙄 I'm not good at that stuff 😂