Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Members and Visitors

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

Hi folks,
Currently - there are 403 Visitors on this forum - compared with 37 members. I suppose that if a statistics expert made calculations he/she would come to the conclusion that hardly anyone in the world, cannot to afford to spend $5.

Just think all of you visitors - what added advantage you would recieve, by being a member.
Where I reside, that $5 dollars, would just about purchase one pint of beer.

I would add, that I am in no way connected to the administrators of this excellent flight simulation web site.
🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

roger123,

Well said old chap...!!!!! ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Clap Clap Clap

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

You are right. There are more visitors than members here, but I think that this happens in every webiste. There always more visitors than members. The visitors may think "Why should I pay $5 to be a member if I can just be a visitor and read and write posts freely?"

And if they want to download some aircraft, they just can crate an account is Avsim.com for free and download stuff there. However, if you want to download some aircraft or scenery (etc) here, you have to pay to be a member, and then download the aircraft or whatever you want.

But being a member is more like a "respectful" way of being here. It's much better and it shows that you care about this website.

you have to realize, you are asking people to spend money on stuff that is available for free everywhere else. You have to have something unique before asking people to pay. my 2 cents...

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

But being a member is more like a "respectful" way of being here. It's much better and it shows that you care about this website.

I haven't found a site that is more helpful than this one. Yes you can get the help without joining from the friendly posters here and there are better sites for downloads, but for me this is my Flight Sim home and that's worth the five bucks to me.

One thing a guest can't do is private message. I just sent a file to a member by getting his email through PM. That is at least one advantage of being a member, I know I won't post my email address on an open forum and get a bunch of spam for my trouble..

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

WarHawk42 wrote:

One thing a guest can't do is private message. I just sent a file to a member by getting his email through PM. That is at least one advantage of being a member, I know I won't post my email address on an open forum and get a bunch of spam for my trouble..

The guest that do post there email address are opening there front door to the spammers.

This is probably one of the best flight sites that I have registered. This is a very diverse culture and people here from all over the world. The stuff that I have learn't plus the no-cd crack is worth the $5 (about 3.00 in english money). IMO that is great value for money.

My 2cents

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

you have to realize, you are asking people to spend money on stuff that is available for free everywhere else. You have to have something unique before asking people to pay. my 2 cents...

The unique of this site is the members of it my friend.... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

That's right Geekman... 🍻

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Liono wrote:

This is probably one of the best flight sites that I have registered. This is a very diverse culture and people here from all over the world. The stuff that I have learn't plus the no-cd crack is worth the $5 (about 3.00 in english money). IMO that is great value for money.

My 2cents

This is the only flight sim sight I post on. As I said in an earlier post, this is my Flight Sim home and the caliber of the members is one big reason why.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I agree. I may post on support forums for products I have purchased, but this is the only FS forum That I hang out on. I don't consider myself an expert even if I've been using FS since version 1.0, but occasionally, I can help someone who is stumped.

There are many others that provide help here, as well. So, if anyone feels that it isn't worth five dollars, I feel sorry for them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

The best $5 I ever spent was joining this wonderfull community. Ever one is friendly and very helpful with passing on there knowledge.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I haven't found a site that is more helpful than this one. Yes you can get the help without joining from the friendly posters here and there are better sites for downloads, but for me this is my Flight Sim home and that's worth the five bucks to me.

I totally agree with you.

I agree. I may post on support forums for products I have purchased, but this is the only FS forum That I hang out on.

Me too. I am a member of the FTG community of Virtual Airlines, and their forum is very friendly too, but I don't post too much. In fact, I only look at the people's questions and screenshots. Sometimes I go to check the Avsim, iFDG, and FS2004 forums, but I'm not a member of any of those webistes. So, this site is where I hang out the most. I'm 98% in the Fly Away Forums and 2% in other forums, where I'm just looking at questions, and not asking anything.

Guest Ed Guest

roger123 wrote:

Hi folks,
Currently - there are 403 Visitors on this forum - compared with 37 members.

roger123,

Only 37 members on-line, you mean. The home page shows that as of today, there are 62,091 registered members. That's a pretty healthy number. I don't think Fly Away is hurting for members.

Here's my take on it: The web page states that I can post without being a member, and that's all I want to do. That's the intention of the website owner. I figure if it's okay with Mr. Fly Away, it's okay with me. I drop by here to see what's being said about FS09 and to share my experiences. I never download anything, and I don't want to. I answer a lot more questions than I ask.

I would suggest that if no one was allowed to visit and post without registering, a lot fewer people would visit, and even fewer would register. And these occasional "members-only" diatribes make the place a lot less friendly to visitors.

If you want to donate $5 to this site, good for you. I donate my money to a number of charitable causes and my blood to the Red Cross, and I hope all of you will do the same. But I won't think any less of you if you don't donate blood or money to charitable causes; I don't want to know if you do or if you don't-- it's none of my business.

Just like it's none of your business if choose to accept Fly Away's invitation to post here for free. That's between me and Mr. Fly Away.

Get over yourselves, guys. It's a free website with a voluntary donation for access to some areas and functions.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Well actually Ed, you've been around here so long and have been so helpful to me and many others that, even though you have guest in front of your name, I consider you an important member here... 🍻

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Guest Ed wrote:

Just like it's none of your business if choose to accept Fly Away's invitation to post here for free. That's between me and Mr. Fly Away.

Get over yourselves, guys. It's a free website with a voluntary donation for access to some areas and functions.

Ed

I don't think anyone suggested it was any of our business if you posted here for free, at least speaking for my self I think that is your choice. I think you will have to admit questions by guests are answered just as quickly here as those who are members. I don't see anyone saying oh that's a guest, ignore them.

Get over our selves? All I seen was members giving the reasons they were members, my self included. Just as you have reasons not to join we have reasons we joined. There is nothing self centered or egotistical in that, we simply found value in joining. We have a common interest and we share it.

I've seen your posts and you are a good poster. Lets leave it at that instead of creating something out of nothing.

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

WarHawk42 wrote:

Guest Ed wrote:

Ed

I don't think anyone suggested it was any of our business if you posted here for free, at least speaking for my self I think that is your choice. I think you will have to admit questions by guests are answered just as quickly here as those who are members. I don't see anyone saying oh that's a guest, ignore them.

Get over our selves? All I seen was members giving the reasons they were members, my self included. Just as you have reasons not to join we have reasons we joined. There is nothing self centered or egotistical in that, we simply found value in joining. We have a common interest and we share it.

I've seen your posts and you are a good poster. Lets leave it at that instead of creating something out of nothing.

Warkawk,Guest and all Others......
I did not expect this thread to extend to two pages. I assure you that I did not intend to "stir things up."
I just thought that it was a point of interest.
No offence was intended.
🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

US and THEM ... 🤔

Pro Member Chief Captain

Roger123, none offense was taken. I understand the purpose of your post.

Now, I want to make an statement about Guests, and I hope no one takes this as an order...it is just my opinion.

As we have seen before, many Guests wrote posts insulting or telling the members that they were completely right about something. I don't want to say who did that and what was the purpose. Nowadays, there are still some Guests that insult the members. Those members are, generally, the ones that don't want to pay because they say it doesn't make any sense paying to be a member if they can easily post and read messages from members too. There was a huge discussion about this before, and some members decided to leave Fly Away for good, because of the Guests insulting the members and insulting them.
From that day, we members, learnt that some "Guests" are the "bad" guys in the Forum, and we ignore them. Guests are now not allowed to posts in the Screenshots Gallery because of too much cursing coming from their mouths. If you check the "Site Bugs and Errors" Forum, lots of people helped to clean up the Screenshots Gallery because they were infected with bad words coming from Guests.

I, personally, know that we have many Guests that are very helpful here, and they don't insult the members because of some reason.
Those Guests that do insult the members are not adults, I'm sure. Why? Because they posts with an immature tone. Young people are entirely welcome here. Moderators and Fly Away don't want them to be immature by insulting the members.

Again, this is just my opinion. Every single person has different opinions.

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

Agus 0404.........

Thank you for your comments
🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

You're welcome, Roger123 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

There are two types of guests. The ones like Guest Ed that actually contribute to the forum, substantially. Then there are those who only want free help from others and contribute absolutely nothing.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes...And Don Wood is also a good guy.

Pro Member Trainee
TSK Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

There are two types of guests. The ones like Guest Ed that actually contribute to the forum, substantially. Then there are those who only want free help from others and contribute absolutely nothing.

Just being on this website helps due to advertisements on it. $5 is nothing, the owner of the website more than likely earns (much) more than that due to the advertising.

Pro Member Chief Captain

It's not a question of how the site makes money. There are guests who make a positive contribution and provide a lot of useful information. I think they are great.

The ones who post the following are the ones I can do without.

1. Where can I download <payware> for free?
2. Can someone send me disk 4 of FS?

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

roger123 wrote:

Warkawk,Guest and all Others......
I did not expect this thread to extend to two pages. I assure you that I did not intend to "stir things up."
I just thought that it was a point of interest.
No offence was intended.
🙂

I don't think there is anything in your post that should stir anything up. Personally I don't read a post based on whether it's a member or not. It's the content of a post that counts. All honest questions that I can answer I will. As with any site there are always a few who will abuse it and those I mostly ignore.

I have been posting on web sites for over ten years, it goes with the territory.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I don't want to run-off anyone from becoming a member, and not to be the sour egg, but most of the same stuff here is avaible at other FS websites. But the forums is still well worth the $5. I think it's a little cheap actually.

sky high Guest

um guys i was supposed to have joined on saturday 22 october, and i cant log in or any thing plus i have also payed the $5 dollors to get in (oh and by the way i aint american im welsh/british) Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain

Did you get the comfrimation e-mail yet. Check your bulk or spam box.

sky high Guest

i dont know, i got an email from pay pal saying that the money had been paid and then i deleted it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Did you click on that link they told you to go to? If not then you may have to ask flyaway to send you another e-mail.

sky high Guest

Why is there a link on the confermation email saying that the $5 you paid went through ???????

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, that's used to activate your acount. 😉

sky high Guest

oopsie! wat i do now then

sky high Guest

Oh right so the e-mail that pay pal sends says that the $5 went through, but where's the link.

Pro Member Chief Captain

No, e-mail flyaway. Ask him for another confrimation e-mial.

sky high Guest

Okay, thanks.

Would that be where it says contact the team. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

😕 I guess. Try it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

sky high wrote:

um guys i was supposed to have joined on saturday 22 october, and i cant log in or any thing plus i have also payed the $5 dollors to get in (oh and by the way i aint american im welsh/british) Evil or Very Mad

And where you are from makes a difference? So you want the guy to work seven days a week?

sky high Guest

Ok thankyou for all your help and i will hopefully be activated tommorow.

Thank's.

Pro Member Chief Captain

sky high wrote:

Ok thankyou for all your help and i will hopefully be activated tommorow.

Thank's.

Good luck! 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Nathan (Natty) Trainee

Hello guys i have recieved an e-mail earlyer on today saying i am now a member. So i am over the moon with delight. 😀 🙂 Surprised 😂 😎 😉

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Natty wrote:

Hello guys i have recieved an e-mail earlyer on today saying i am now a member. So i am over the moon with delight. 😀 🙂 Surprised 😂 😎 😉

Welcome to the inner sanctum, did we mention you have to throw a party? 😂

Pro Member Trainee
Nathan (Natty) Trainee

Really. 😕

Pro Member Trainee
Nathan (Natty) Trainee

Wow theres 465 visitors and only 33 member's, that aint on!!

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Natty wrote:

Really. 😕

Just kidding, welcome aboard. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

I am enjoying a virtual brew in celebration. 🍻

Pro Member Trainee
Nathan (Natty) Trainee

Thanks. How do you play on line agianst other people, i click multiplayer on the startup screen and it comes up with player name and i.p. addresse but what do i stick in their?.

Pro Member Trainee
Nathan (Natty) Trainee

Oh yeah and one more thing, how do you get a virtual airline up and running???

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Someone else will have to come along and help you with that. I have never flew online and I don't do the airline thing. A lot of people here do, they should be able to help you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

How do you play on line agianst other people,

How, in general do you play against anyone in flight simulator? I've never heard of it being competitive unless you have a race or something ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain

Natty wrote:

And everyone gets so worried that it won't happen. 😉

Welcome aboard.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Welcome!!

Enjoy your stay here, at Fly Away. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Natty wrote:

Welcome in Flyaway as an official member. ❗

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

the fee is so cheap, that I forgot that I had payed it lol.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Anyone want to set up a multiplayer game?

Pro Member Trainee
Nathan (Natty) Trainee

Thanks for welcoming me aboard skipper(s). Yeah i will set up a multiplayer game if you want. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

How do you exactly set one up? Walk me through it and then lets fly!

Pro Member Trainee
Nathan (Natty) Trainee

Good question, you know on the main menu for flight sim you have create a flight and all that sort of stuff i think, you go to multiplayer and it should come up with an option saying host'client setting and if you wanted to you could host which is what i am going to try and do or you can join (enter i.p. adresse where it says.

Once i get it up and running if i can do that then i will give you the ip adresse.

Pro Member Trainee
Nathan (Natty) Trainee

I dont know if this will work but try it any way,

IP adresse (hell boy)
connection port (23456)

Airport- heathrow (EGLL- LONDON)

Password- you dont need a password.

I have it up and running now and you just go to join on the session saying hell boy and you should be in but dont count on it beens as it is my first time that i have established a multiplayer connection/host.

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

Natty wrote:

Welcome to the club
🙂 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

Natty wrote:

Wow theres 465 visitors and only 33 member's, that aint on!!

Oh dear! We have turned a full circle 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Nathan (Natty) Trainee

Hi guys, thanks for welcoming me to the club Roger 123.

I was wandering if you wanted try multiplayer and fly and stuff?.

The ip adresse is hell boy

Connection port is 23456

Airport is heathrow (EGLL LONDON)

You dont ned any password. It is hosted by me , now im flying high. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

Thanks for the offer Natty. I don't use any multiplayer (yet) If I do, I will keep you in mind. You are obviously the one to contact for instruction.

Regards
😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Hey Roger...did you notice the you use the same avatar with Liono?

Pro Member Chief Captain

If I recall, he asked for and received permission to use it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Ohhh...sorry i didnt knew it. Embarassed