Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Nvidia drivers

tomthetank
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:29 pm 

Latest forceware drivers are out Arrow
Version: 81.85 Arrow

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.85.html
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:36 pm 

Thumbs Up!
Thanks TTT. Wink
tomthetank
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:44 pm 

No probs Wink
With drivers I always test them before I post about them,just incase Rolling Eyes
These new ones seem pretty good to me

Dont forget if your PC becomes unstable after a driver update,just roll them back (XP only) other o/s uninstall and then reinistall your old drivers and restart after each
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:10 am 

tomthetank wrote:
No probs Wink
With drivers I always test them before I post about them,just incase Rolling Eyes

Dont forget if your PC becomes unstable after a driver update,just roll them back (XP only) other o/s uninstall and then reinistall your old drivers and restart after each

Thanks for the pointer Tom,
as I'm a bit daft in these matters I have to ask:

I have a nVIDIA GeFORCE 6600 GT - will this new driver be suitable? I'm downloading it now. - What do you mean by rolling back (XP only) in case of instability... are you referring to System Restore?

Thanks,
Rick Hack
Insight
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:47 pm 

those drivers apply to their whole GeForce range TailHook so you should be fine with them.

In windows XP in the device manager section for your graphics card there is a rollback drivers option that switches you back to the previous version that was installed on your machine.
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:27 pm 

Insight wrote:
those drivers apply to their whole GeForce range TailHook so you should be fine with them.

In windows XP in the device manager section for your graphics card there is a rollback drivers option that switches you back to the previous version that was installed on your machine.

Thanks Insight,

I found the Device Manager Arrow Display adapters Arrow the name of my graphics card.

So should I be forced to rollback, do I click on the name of my graphics card - click on Action - and then what... Disable or Uninstall Question

Forgive my nit-picking but these darn computers have their way with me Poke in Eye

Thanks again,
Rick
ranald
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:34 pm 

Tailhook wrote:
tomthetank wrote:
No probs Wink

Thanks for the pointer Tom,
as I'm a bit daft in these matters I have to ask:

I have a nVIDIA GeFORCE 6600 GT - will this new driver be suitable? I'm downloading it now. - What do you mean by rolling back (XP only) in case of instability... are you referring to System Restore?

Thanks,
Rick Hack

I have that card I they work fine for me Smile
P42.6GHZ (overclocked to 2.9) 1024DDR/120GB HD/X850XT 256MB AGP
CH Yoke and Pedals

originalgrunge
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:54 pm 

NVIDIA is a pain in the butt about some of its drivers though. Since I fly on a laptop, I use the Nvidia GeForce 64 Go card...from waay back when I bought this computer. The latest drivers they have out now for that card are the exact same ones they made when they first build the card in 2002 (might've been updated in 2003)....

If it wasn't for Omega Drivers, you guys would never have met me! No way I would invest so much time in FS if it wasn't for updated drivers!