Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Cannot download

Pro Member Trainee
HyPe Trainee

I'm a new member and having problems downloading. My browser just keeps timing out. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have cable so the download process is quite short, but many of the people that I know that either cant' afford or get it in their area use a "download helper" such as DAP.

http://www.speedbit.com/DAP7/Default.asp

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
HyPe Trainee

I have cable as well and I downloaded DAP, but I still cannot download a aircraft. Any other advice?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

EmbarassedI don' know what to tell you, I just downloaded a 15.4mb file in 1min 52sec.
Are you a paid-up member?

All I can tell you is to wait for Flyaway to see this post and he will be able to help you more. Dont Know

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

What browser are you using? It could be because of peak periods - but it usually very good. Try again at at different time and this should tell us if this is the problem.

Pro Member Trainee
Budlight Trainee

I am having the same issues when trying to DL. I got one Download then the rest just timeout..

Pro Member Trainee
HyPe Trainee

Alright it works now yay!! Smile Thanks for everyones feedback.

Pro Member Site Admin

Great - It was probably just peak periods! Laughing

Pro Member Trainee
Fred (zx3fred) Trainee

I have bee having the same trouble with downloading. I can download one or two different files but the rest just time out as well. I have cable, just can't figure out whats causing this problem. I'll try downloading late tonight and see if that helps any.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Dont Know It depends at time that certain periods in the day the servers get "hammered" with excessive demand for downloads.
Even though new faster servers were just added it can a occasionally be a problem. Surrender
If you try different times of the day and night you'll eventually find a slow period. Don't forget these servers are used by people all over the world, there are some periods that are slower than others.
I have the same problem with various sites. Yes
Thanks for your patience. Thumbs Up!

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin

Actually, the new server was to improve and handle the increasing users and page generation times, due to the dynamic nature of the site. This was done, and pages are generating less that 1 second constantly! Smile The downloads problem is due to site bandwidth, and the limits on our network connection - not the actual server.

Pro Member Trainee
Fred (zx3fred) Trainee

So if I continue to try, eventually I'll be able to download the air crafts that I want ? Confused If it were a bandwidth problem I wouldn't be able to download the "Firefox" three times straight and then time out trying a "C-130" that I have been after since my activation. Seems like everything I try downloading from IP 63.217.28.218 times out but the other ones that are links to other websites actully work correctly.

Pro Member Site Admin

I will look into this further for you and keep you updated.