Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

In Flight - London Heathrow - Paris Charles-De-Gualle

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I am over the channel at the moment in my DC-3. I am experiencing some odd issues with ground scenery and am beginning to wonder if my installation of FS is buggered Sad and why is the guy on Paris centre who just spoke to me an American Smile ... hang on , why am I american Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your running the sim and the net at the same time, maybe it's a little too much for your computer.
More ram and new drivers, or a new card might help.
I don't know your CPU either.
Normal multi-Windows doesn't take much power but the sim want's all it can get.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I'm able to run runescape, Land Warrior, and FS all at the same time and get 10-15 FPS.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

thanks Radar man but it shouldn't be an issue with the PC - My stats are AMD 64 3800+ x2 with 2GB DDR Dual CHannel Crucial Ballistix RAM - GeForce 7800 GTX OC with 256 MB on board RAM and 2 x SATA II 233GB HDDs the Pc should be fine.. it must be something to do with drivers or an installation issue maybe... this was fine a while back - I am just wandering if maybe I installed something that has caused an issue with it... maybe I should re install the game

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Those specs are more than adequate, if it's just happening for the first time you might want to defrag and run spyware cleaners to get the most out of your system.

I use this for cleaning out garbage.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

gah... the weather has just taken a nasty turn and i am currently flying on instruments.. hopefully this is just high weather and lower the visibility will be better - given this is my first flight in the DC-3 for a long long time I am a bit worried about the landing Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They land like a dream. I always come in at the most 65 KIAS, full flaps and let it set itself slowly down on the tail-wheel.

Thumbs Up!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

well, the weather cleared up and I made a lovely landing - so soft I didn't even realise I had touched down lol (you are a lot further up off the ground in a DC-3 than you are in a Spitfire)

I came in a little faster than that I think radarman as the stats showing in the kneeboard said slowest controllable was 78 KIAS or something (I could be wrong)

There is definately something very odd happening with my installation - when I came to a stop at my parking I hit F10 to get my kneeboard up and the inside of the VC (I always try to fly VC) got skinned with black and yellow writing!!!

This is most weird Sad

I will run a defrag overnight but I fear the stuttering is due to it unnecessarily loading stuff again and again... maybe I should just reinstall the game?

Lovely landing anyway - I didn't want to get any screenshots or anything due to the odd behaviour of the game at the moment

Anyway, chalked up my first real 1.9 hours Day and 0.1 Instrument

Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

my drive didn't need a defrag and i fixed everything with ccleaner and it was still buggered - it wouldn't even load the skin for my Spitfire correctly

I just uninstalled fs9 and will reinstall it tomorrow.. how annoying Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Clean out your old video drivers, they may have become corrupted and install new ones.

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

yeh it could be, I updated my drivers recently but thought I had the problem before I did this..

I will try uninstalling my drivers, running that and installing the new ones again and then reinstall the game