Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Repainting Aircraft: Don't know what to do?

dude241189 Guest

hi
i would like to repaint aircraft but i don't know wat to do i have paint shop pro but i don't know how to get planes onto there to repaint them, i was wondering if any one could help me?

thank you
nick Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Very Happy Hello
I found this site for you to try

http://www.calclassic.com/repaint.htm

Let us know how you get on

Good luck

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

I have a graphics editor similar to Paint Shop Pro and found it extremely difficult to use it as a texture/repaint editor . Umm...

I purchased Repaint by Abicus and it is an excellent editor and more. It does a lot automatically that you have to do manually in PSP.

Even managed to get if for £6 cheaper(£14 plus carriage) from Amazon.co.uk Laughing Laughing Laughing

I know that Abicus has trial edition which you might want to try - it has limited facilities but would give you a good idea of what it can do.
http://www.abacuspub.com/repaint/
Hope this helps

Red Ruffensore Guest

First of all, thanks to tomthetank. I use Photoshop and could write a big file here, but that link about says it all and then some. I'm copying it to Word and printing a hard copy for reference, it's that good.

As the article linked mentions, you'll need the Martin Wright DXTBmp program to read the extended bitmaps used in later CFS2 and about all of the FS2002 and FS2004 aircraft. By following the instructions in the article, one came use most any good graphics program, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or even ULead Photo-Impact.

Thanks again tomthe tank, that article is just what I have looked for.

Red

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

dude241189

I tried too many things and I spent too many hours to make it work but Evil or Very Mad
I couldn’t. I decided to get a copy of FS repaint from Abacus, I am waiting for the CD.
Good luck

Very Happy Please show us some of your work when you master it Thumbs Up!

I sure will, Read