Graphics Card Information

Pro Member Trainee
francois1 Trainee

Hello everyone.

In case anyone is interested, I have just built my latest computer using:

Abit Fatality mobo

Gainward 7800 GTX graphics card with 256mb DDR3 memory aboard

and a 3.6ghz Pen 4 660 processor.

With everything possible turned up to max, including cloud etc.,, I am getting a sustained 36 frames/sec maximum. However I keep it at 30 fps, same as the PAL UK video settings.

regards

francois1

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

The ones here that I have seen post either use ATI of Navida(sp) graphics cards, that one is a new one to me. If your getting those frame rates with everything turned up full then you are doing OK.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

WarHawk,
Gainward is a partner brand of NVIDIA, I believe it's only sold Europe.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I guess that's why I hadn't heard of it.🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 Never heard of Gainward ❓

Well if Radar is right (he always is 😉 )then you guys are missing out on the other side of the pond

Gainward is a Nvidia partner,and have come up with some top spec GFX cards ➡

http://www.gainward.de/new/main.html

Heck,even I have one,OK its getting on a bit now,but still gives me great performance in fs9(fx5900 ultra Goldensample)

Pro Member Trainee
francois1 Trainee

My reason for buying yet another Gainward card is because some years ago I had one of their cards which went belly-up. I returned it to Germany, as they requested, and in quite a short time they returned a far more advanced card as a replacement.

I can only hope that the same guys still work there should my new card go the same way. It does however, have a three years guarantee.

regards

francois1

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

cool my BFG card comes with a lifetime guarantee, lets hope they have a similar policy to replace with better cards 🙂