Graphics Card Information

Pro Member Trainee
francois1 Trainee

Hello everyone.

In case anyone is interested, I have just built my latest computer using:

Abit Fatality mobo

Gainward 7800 GTX graphics card with 256mb DDR3 memory aboard

and a 3.6ghz Pen 4 660 processor.

With everything possible turned up to max, including cloud etc.,, I am getting a sustained 36 frames/sec maximum. However I keep it at 30 fps, same as the PAL UK video settings.

regards

francois1

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

The ones here that I have seen post either use ATI of Navida(sp) graphics cards, that one is a new one to me. If your getting those frame rates with everything turned up full then you are doing OK.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

WarHawk,
Gainward is a partner brand of NVIDIA, I believe it's only sold Europe.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I guess that's why I hadn't heard of it.Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Shocked Never heard of Gainward Question

Well if Radar is right (he always is Wink )then you guys are missing out on the other side of the pond

Gainward is a Nvidia partner,and have come up with some top spec GFX cards Arrow

http://www.gainward.de/new/main.html

Heck,even I have one,OK its getting on a bit now,but still gives me great performance in fs9(fx5900 ultra Goldensample)

Pro Member Trainee
francois1 Trainee

My reason for buying yet another Gainward card is because some years ago I had one of their cards which went belly-up. I returned it to Germany, as they requested, and in quite a short time they returned a far more advanced card as a replacement.

I can only hope that the same guys still work there should my new card go the same way. It does however, have a three years guarantee.

regards

francois1

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

cool my BFG card comes with a lifetime guarantee, lets hope they have a similar policy to replace with better cards Smile