New nVidia drivers 81.85

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Has anyone had any trouble with these?

I am running the following and with the latest drivers all the models get the skins applied very very strangely and the game jerks periodically! Also the ground scenery looks weird:

ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe Mobo
AMD 64 3800+ x2
2 GB Crucial Ballistix Dual Channel DDR RAM
BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC 256MB
2 x SATA-II 233GB HDDs in RAID 0
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Sorry for my poor English Insight, but can you please explain me what do you mean by ''jerks''...I know another usage of this word... 😉

Thanks in advance.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

um, the game stutters..

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

um, the game stutters..

I get you...But the specs of your system doesnt allow to give you such bad performance...Im thinking of something wrong with your VGAs drivers...I think you have recently updated them?Is it starts after update?Maybe an installation of your old drivers gives a point...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

yeh, thats pretty much what this post about drivers is to establish...

The most recent version of the drivers 81.85 caused me these issues, i was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with the new drivers...

I have reverted to the previous versions I was using

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I told you that my English are poor... Embarassed But im on a continues trying to improve them... Read

Im using also an Nvidia VGA(6800 Ultra)and i have download these drivers but havent install them yet...And now i have more reasons no to do it.Although i will try it... as an experiment to see what happens and i will inform you. (but i ll create a restore point first) 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

lol thanks Greekman

I expect it will just be a problem with a very specific set of hardware that no one is interested in fixing which will be just my luck

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Aha

found this official nVidia forums that isn't linked to from their main site..

A few threads in here about jerkyness in games with 81.85

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=33

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well Insight i have installed the new drivers and seems that i have no problem in running FS.Didnt notice something better also.I cant think something that could helps you...maybe bad download of the drivers?Some damaged data...?
If you continue trying i will be very curious to learn how you solve it.

Sorry i wasnt helpful Crying or Very sad

Good luck... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

its ok, it looks like some people get it and some don't :s

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...