Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Is KLIA available in FS2004?

wannabepilot Guest

is Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia availble in FS9 or should i just download the airport scenery?"

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rolling Eyes Sorry I don't know too much about Malaysia so I'll just list the airports that I found in the listing of FS9.
WMKK
WMKF
WMSA
I hope that that helps. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

For what i't's worth, WKMM is the Kuala Lumpur Internatioal Airport and considering that it is one of the most modern airports in the world, the scenery for it in FS9 is diabolical. Evil or Very Mad

Cant see any download scenery in Flyaway files but no doubt if you get into a Far East based FS site you may find a download there,

Best of luck Cheers!

Stop Press - Found this -
- it's an AFCAD file but has link to airport texture file

And have a look at the thread -"Can anyone get me screenshots...

sl9080 Guest

The Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia is also known as WMKK in the airport id. And definitely not WKMM.

Cheers.
Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

From sl9080
The Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia is also known as WMKK in the airport id. And definitely not WKMM

Sorrrrreeeee Embarassed

Put it down to a 'senior' moment, a typo or latent dyslexia - of course KL is WMKK Hack

Pro Member Trainee
ijgi04 Trainee

enjoy the senery
Wink

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Great find ijgi04.

thanks Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

sl9080 wrote:

The Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia is also known as WMKK in the airport id. And definitely not WKMM.

Cheers.
Rolling Eyes

Good subject. While we're at it, would someone in their free time take a 737, depart from WSSS destination WMKK lodge IFR flightplan, babysit the AP, it's only a short hop - and see if the ILS gets you down safely. I must have tried it a dozen times - none of my landings have been successful.

Is it me or is it a bug?

Thanks,
Rick

Pro Member Trainee
ijgi04 Trainee

First of all, there is no such flight plan from WMKK to WMSA, with passengers in it.

But I'v tried it with;
1) IFR flight plan. (climbed at 4000 then descended back to 2500)
2) 10% fuel remained.
3) And at optimum speed (I did not put much thrust at all the fligtt time)
4)Of course a joystick and throttle.
Wink

We got to kno tat;
-For big aircraft such 737, with heavy payload and fuel, it is impossible to land safley right after you take-off.
In real world, if pilots have to do so i.e, emergency landing, they have to dump some of the fuel to land safely.

You may try then, with low payload and fuel weight.
The lighter the plane, the smaller the stall speed and momentum, so you can control it easily.

Fly With Pride !!!!!!