SearchSearch 

Lost

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

OK I brought this up a little why ago but I'll bring it up again. What do you think if the show as some of you americans have seen the whole of season 1 and the first 5 episodes of season 2 (lucky Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ).

What do you think the Island is about?
Will there ever get of the Island?
What are your thories abou the Island?

10 Responses

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Liono wrote:

OK I brought this up a little why ago but I'll bring it up again. What do you think if the show as some of you americans have seen the whole of season 1 and the first 5 episodes of season 2 (lucky Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ).

What do you think the Island is about?
Will there ever get of the Island?
What are your thories abou the Island?

Lost was a good title, I'm lost. I've never seen the show or even heard of it. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

It's a show on ABC in america and channel 4 in the UK. It's about a group of people who are strandard on a weird island in the pacific ocean.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Liono wrote:

It's a show on ABC in america and channel 4 in the UK. It's about a group of people who are strandard on a weird island in the pacific ocean.

I watch very little TV, but I'm told it is on ABC here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

more on the topic of T.V. shows what do my fellow Americans think of C.S.I.?

DIRTY JOBS?

MYTHBUSTERS?

I find C.S.I. to be a very cool show anyone else?

DIRTY JOBS is grose but interesting show.

MYTHBUSTERS is a very fascinating and educational show all at the same time.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

more on the topic of T.V. shows what do my fellow Americans think of C.S.I.?

DIRTY JOBS?

MYTHBUSTERS?

I find C.S.I. to be a very cool show anyone else?

DIRTY JOBS is grose but interesting show.

MYTHBUSTERS is a very fascinating and educational show all at the same time.

The only one of those shows I have seen is CSI, my wife likes it. It's OK but not what I like, I do like shows like crime files, cold heart-iron hand, FBI files and shows like that. They are all real crime story's.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

The first series of Lost finished screening here in NZ a couple of months ago. I didn't ever watch it, all I know about it is that they are all stuck on a island.

I think that the second series screens in NZ next year, but I'm not too sure on that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I started to watch it at the beginning but i somehow got bored and stopped watching it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

LOST.
One of the very few TV-shows that has managed to get my attention and hold on to it for the full duration of every single episode. It is so good to see that some in the small screen industry still seriously try and manage to come up with something fresh and unique.
Paradoxically, the acting is pretty mediocre and the plot is more over the top than anywhere else - yet, it is such a treat to watch because you do NOT know what's gonna happen next. Each character has a unique personality without being too predictable - just like real people. Brilliant scriptwriting and very good directing is what makes this show.

CSI... CSI... CSI... : The Bruckheimer menace!
Out of his clumsy attempts at motion pictures, Pearl Harbor must have been the most disapointing.
What a mess... one of the most significant and far reaching events in recent history is turned into a broth of melodrama and soap opera peppered heavily with special effects to keep us from falling asleep. To think that I paid money to own the DVD so I could watch some Zeros and Vals flying low. With that kind of budget and the availability of incredible special effects I expected to experience some credible scenes, silly me.
Now don't take me wrong, IMO his work is outrageously poor and lousy but I'm not saying that he's stupid - on the contrary!!
He turns his attention back to the small screen and knows that what he needs is a formula. And he comes up with a formula so simple it makes you wanna weep. Aahh, the couchpotatos seem to be fascinated by the forensic spin at the moment - makes them feel scientific and intellectual, so that's what they'll get. The formula: start each episode with a well known 60s-70s rocker, this targets the intended demography (which are the baby boomers because they'll be watching TV at that time of the evening) and sucks them straight in. The added bonus of using such old songs of course, we won't have to pay royalties. Use C-grade actors who are willing to work for a dollar a day, and as for the characters, we won't have to worry about that too much either - just make them all stonefaced, important looking and have them speak in cryptic half-sentences to add tension. As for eyecandy, easy and inexpensive. Have one or two females in each series and with plenty of close ups and colored lenses to make the scenes appear even more surrealistic, the viewers will soon be convinced that the average looking women who couldn't act even if you bribed them are in fact Aphrodite incarnate. Come on, the blonde bimbo with a handgun, the color effects and the close ups - just ask any psychologist!
But this isn't all... milk it for what it's worth. This very same formula is applied to 3 or 4 shows with the letters CSI in the title and for good measure we might as well think of another 2 or 3 without the letters CSI in the title and the braindead public will never know that it's all the same tripe.
My verdict : I am offended by these kind of productions because they insult my intelligence. The real sad thing is that Brucky's rubbish worldwide attracts the highest ratings. I don't want to say it but the evidence speaks for itself : Brucky is very smart - and we are very stupid.

I apologise for the outburst but someone's gotta speak up... and I do hope that one day soon you all forgive me. Wall Bashing Whip

Regards, Rick

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

They have shown all the first season over on RTE2 and I think season 2 comes in the new year. Its a great program

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Lost is nothing but a soap opera with one improbability after the another. The most dysfunctional bunch of people I've ever seen. Locke and the fellow from Iraq are the only characters I like and Locke has started going too far over the edge for my taste.