Liveries

Pro Member Trainee
plasticsoldier91 Trainee

I was wondering how I install the liveries to ALL of my aircraft, even my default one, because I was sent to a link at flightsim.com and I really couldnt understand it. Can and one give me a condense, easier version of how to do this? Thanks a lot!

ps91

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This should help, read it over slowly.

Or try this one.
http://www.simviation.com/lair/Repaint2002.htm

Reply so I can move this to the aircraft forum.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
plasticsoldier91 Trainee

Is flightsim a free site?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes and no.
If you want a membership it's $30 a year, but they will let you in free when they aren't busy and you will get the slow servers not the high speed ones.
I looked there for your DC-3.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Just to add what Radarman has already told you - I find that Avsim have probably a better selection of default textures.
Quickest way to do it is to go into the Avsim site - (it's free to register)click on File Library (top left of page) and the library search engine page appears.
In the 'Search for' box - enter 'default and the a/c you want a livery for' OR if it is not for a default a/c then enter the name of the a/c you want.
In the 'In Category box - click for the drop down menu and choose 'FS2004 Aircraft Textures and Modifications', I assume that it is for FS2004 - Click Search and you'll get a paged list of all appropriate a/c and liveries. Download the zip files you want to a folder of your choice.
Unzip to a temp file.
Different paint(livery) authors have different methods of allocating the textures so follow the instructions in th readme/instruction file. In all cases of a new texture/livery the existing aircraft configuration file needs to be amended/added to - usually there are instructions how to COPY/PASTE into the existing cfg file. I am presuming the perfect world but many authors presume a high level of knowledge and often the instructions can be quite unclear/difficult to understand - you will always find someone in these forums to give you help in this.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...