Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

When the screen shots will be posted???

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

Hi i submited media about 6 pic and its not in the gallary why?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Flyaway is the only one that can do it. When he gets the chance he'll do it. It's late now in the UK so maybe tomorrow morning.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Why is everyone so darned impatient ❓ ❓ ❓

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

Thank you guys cuz i made some beutiful pic's and i want everybod to c it .
never mind thx now i know when to c my pics. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

Are they of better quality than your spelling and capitalization?

Now before everyone jumps all over me. I have an issue with those who seem so determined to destroy the english language. My comment does not apply to anyone for whom, English is not the primary language.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Crash,
It's called "TXT" (text) and it what the kids use on Instant Messages and on the cell phones.
If I can't read it I don't answer it.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Ahh crash, I must jump all over you with this and recommend a good book to you. Check out Richard Lederer's Anguished English series. These will have you in stitches for sure. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Crash,
It's called "TXT" (text) and it what the kids use on Instant Messages and on the cell phones.
If I can't read it I don't answer it.

Radar

It's also the reason they can't develop the language skills needed to get a decent job when/if they graduate.

I'll just ignore such posts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

It's also the reason they can't develop the language skills needed to get a decent job when/if they graduate.

🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I must jump all over you and point out that Americans ARE destroying the bloody English language 😛

Learn how to spell colour and centre properly 😀

Don't try arguing your way is correct.. the language is English... I come from England.. which is where we spell it correctly Twisted Evil

heheheh 😂

*hides*

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Insight, your totally correct with spelling.

For New Zealand,

Color=Colour
Center=Centre
Mom=Mum

And so on...

The metric system should become the default system as well 😀.

Well thats my opinion,
Jarred. 🙂

P.S. No offence to Americans. 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thinks will be much much easier if Greek was the International language...Greek language is such an easy to learn that the only language we can compare with is....Chinese... 😉 😉 😉

Although i have heard that Greeks has lost for one vote from England when countries vote about the international language.
Maybe rummors that made from loosers... 😉

I put myself in the first places of thoses who serves a lot of pearls in language issues...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

I must jump all over you and point out that Americans ARE destroying the bloody English language 😛

Learn how to spell colour and centre properly 😀

Don't try arguing your way is correct.. the language is English... I come from England.. which is where we spell it correctly Twisted Evil

heheheh 😂

*hides*

In Argentina they taught British English and since them I used to speak like a British. Then I moved to the US and learned more English there. Now I live in Portugal and I finished High School in an American School. So basically, I'm now used to the American English. I can speak or write like a British, if I want, but since I'm used to American English I usually speak and write like an American.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Although British English is a term used when describing formal written English used in the United Kingdom, the forms of spoken English used in the United Kingdom vary considerably more than in most other areas of the world in which English is spoken, even far more than in the United States, despite the vastly larger population and land area of the U.S. Dialects and accents vary not only within regions of the UKófor example, in Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Walesóbut also within England, with differences occuring within the space of a few miles in some cases. The written form of the language as taught in schools is universally Commonwealth English with a slight emphasis on a few words which might be more common in the specific areas than others. For example, although the words "wee" and "small" are interchangable, one is more likely to see "wee" written by a Scot than by a Londoner.

Although spoken American and British English are generally mutually intelligible, there are enough differences to occasionally cause awkward misunderstandings or even a complete failure to communicate. George Bernard Shaw once said that the United States and United Kingdom are "two countries divided by a common language"; a similar comment is ascribed to Winston Churchill. Henry Sweet predicted in 1877 that within a century, American English, Australian English and British English would be mutually unintelligible, but it may be the case that increased world-wide communication through radio, television, the Internet, and globalization has reduced the tendency to regional variation. This can result either in some variations becoming extinct (as, for instance, truck has been gradually replacing lorry in much of the world) or in the acceptance of wide variations as "perfectly good English" everywhere.

In addition to its use in English-speaking countries, English plays an important role as a technical language around the world, in medicine, computer science, air traffic control, and many other areas of concentrated expertise and formal communication among international professionals.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_differences

Pro Member Chief Captain

I confess that I hadn't thought about the differences between the language as used on opposite sides of the pond. I suppose that differences in language of people that are in different regions is inevitable. That is why there are two spell check libraries, one for British English and the other for American English.

What I was objecting to is the intentional destruction of language by people who are addicted to a constant barrage of mindless blather sent via instant messaging and cell phones.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

What I was objecting to is the intentional destruction of language by people who are addicted to a constant barrage of mindless blather sent via instant messaging and cell phones.

I completely agree with you. I find it ridiculous and childish. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I agriee with you guys but i read in another topic that Tiger which create this topic is only twelve...lets show a litle mercy...I know that we have here some more kids(my-pilot,crosscheck,robbier etc)that they are excellent users of English and also decent persons...but i personally thing that we must help those who arent so skilly in this....And to be correct you must help cause im worst than lot of them in this point...

This is only my opinion guys and please dont think that im offended to you or try to be the good guy... ❗

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

jarred_01 wrote:

A little know fact the metric system was designated as the offical system for the United States right after the split from the England. It never caught on as of large amount of trade with England which was not metric at the time. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

I suspect the US will go metric when the oil companies lead the charge in an effort to confuse the average moron as to what he is really paying for gasoline.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I don't know who originated the metric system, my guess would be the Greeks, Romans or Arabs.
It seems evident however that the metric system has been around for a while and it should by now have been adapted worldwide.

There are no Pros and Cons... only Pros.

Look at global statistics and you'll find that the average person living in a country where the metric system is used has a much better grasp of the principle of percentages. - Obviously. -

On a dayly basis we are being brainwashed by the media with meaningless figures and numbers. Those numbers are meaningless because they are presented out of context.

Context- concerning numbers and figures becomes clear and managable by applying percentages.
To divorce percentages from the metric system is like cutting off your own head Twisted Evil

Ooops, don't mean any harm,
Rick Banned

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

The metric system invention belongs to France

http://www.krysstal.com/inventions_10.html.

Some more infos about it here

http://lamar.colostate.edu/~hillger/dates.htm

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

lkw wrote:

jarred_01 wrote:

A little know fact the metric system was designated as the offical system for the United States right after the split from the England. It never caught on as of large amount of trade with England which was not metric at the time. 🙂

Thanks for that lkw, I wasn't aware of that. The metric system does seem to be a more simple concept to learn, as basically all you have to do is add or remove 0's.

But then again, for persons that are already adapted to the original system, it would take a while to adjust.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

What's the big deal? In the US we just dropped the use of selected consecutive vowels from UK English. -Won't comment on the right or wrong of it. -Just the way it turned out. Some Brits tend to be more particular about split infinitives and prepositions placed at the end of a sentence. Those rules came from Latin and have little relevance in English. Sir Winston Churchill put to rest the "preposition cannot end a sentence rule" with his famous rejoinder that placing the preposition at the end of a sentence is "something up with which we will not put!" --Having said these things, I myself am not one who lends himself to questioning the countenance of Sir Winston Churchill.

-Just my personal thought on the subject gents and of course I could be wrong.

-OG. 🙂