Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

aviation report need....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

hey guys its been a long time but ive come here for some help or should I say some ideas. Here`s whats going down. I`ve got a report on aviation. I need to do a report on someone that has change the field of aviation or someone that has done something special in the field of aviation. Like a WW2 pilot that was an ACE or the pilot that dropped the first atom bomb. But i would realy like to do the founder of BOEING or a famous pilot. Anyway if anyone has some suggestions please fill free to tell me im all ears.

Hey its been nice to see all of you guys again.....well not realy se you but you get the idea.

Anyway GIT-R-DONE..............bye guys

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Wing Commander J. R. D. 'Bob' Braham was the highest decorated pilot from WWII i believe and was a night fighter ace

Also Reginald Joseph Mitchell who designed the amazing Supermarine Spitfire and gave his health in exchange for giving his country one of the best and most iconic Fighter Aircraft in the world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/3125382.stm

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Richard Bong was the top American ace in WW2. He flew the P-38 Lightning.

http://usfighter.tripod.com/bong.htm

Marge was his wife.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Try writing about this guy

Manfred von Richthofen

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

General Curtis Lemay the founder of the Stratigic Air Command (SAC)

Pro Member Chief Captain

hi guys thanks for the help but i would like to do someone that was not in WW2 no offence to anyone. so i think im going to do the founder of the
STRATEGIC AIR COMMAND. once again thanks for your help.

P.S.
I`m going to ask my english teacher if he will be suitable if not then I`ll do someone else.

KEEP POSTING PLEASE!!!!!!!!

i dont know what id do without you guys so

THANKS!! Group Wave 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

The Red Baron (Mannfred) was WWI actually, but I guess it's still war so prolly don't matter that much.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

While Chuck Yeager was a fighter pilot he went on to do what few men have ever done. His career is legendary.

http://www.chuckyeager.com/

Pro Member Chief Captain

wasn`t yeager an astronaut?

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

wasn`t yeager an astronaut?

No, but he did train them. He was most famous for his roll as a test pilot and as the first man to break the sound barrier.

Pro Member Chief Captain

thats it....

hey I was just told that one of my great uncles recieved an outstanding award. im not sure what it was though. maybe you guys could help me find him. thought he might not be on the internet.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Got a name? Was it a military award?

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

Although I agree with FEM that Manfred and/or Lothar von Richthofen would be great subjects…here is some stuff on William Boeing.

http://www.thetravelinsider.info/2003/boeing1.htm

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

I need to do a report on someone that has change the field of aviation or someone that has done something special in the field of aviation.

So what's wrong with Howard Hughes? Don't be distracted by the movie "The Aviator" think outside the square of common perceptions.
Just because H. Hughes was an eccentric and was involved in various other enterprises doesn't mean that he was not a visionary and a pioneer in aviation, sadly all too often not credited for his achievments and foresight just because he was an eccentric. Those selfrighteous witch hunters of the eccentric never seem to be aware of the fact that all geniuses were eccentrics.

Put it this way - if you wish to present a report that stands out from the rest or that which is expected from you, you gotta pick a subject or personality that noone expects. And without meaning to belittle any of the great aviators in history, the problem is their stories and biographies have been regurgitated too many times to keep the audience spellbound.
And that's exactly what you want.

Think about it; here would be a starting point ➡ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_hughes

Good luck,
Rick 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Take Billy Mitchell.He was the general that made the navy undestand that planes could bomb ships.That way there was a use for planes in war apart from shooting down other one's of recon.Without him,planes would never have dŽbeen used in war and there would have never been a real air force.(My great grandad was his favorite pilot and the first pilot to bomb a ship from a plane).

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

A paper on Hanna Reisch would be cool too.

Pro Member Chief Captain

it wasn`t as high as the "MEDAL OF HONOR"

it was like um.... a medal of brvery he whent above and behond the call of duty. im not sure but you know what forget about finding him.

oh and thanks for all of your responds you dont have to post anymore thoughts ive made my mind up on who im doing.