were is the best pilot school

Pro Member Trainee
ALBAINIAN FLYER (eldi90) Trainee

I have been trying to find a pilot school near or in pennsylvania, but i have gotten no luck 😞

can anyone give me a link for a pilot school near or in pennsylvania and a school that is more like a college or a university 😀

P.S. Is it true that to become a pilot u must attend in the military or any academy starting in highschool? ❓

Thanks 😀

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

eldi90 wrote:

I have been trying to find a pilot school near or in pennsylvania, but i have gotten no luck 😞

can anyone give me a link for a pilot school near or in pennsylvania and a school that is more like a college or a university 😀

P.S. Is it true that to become a pilot u must attend in the military or any academy starting in highschool? ❓

Thanks 😀

All in PA:

Community College Of Allegheny County;
Community College Of Beaver County;
Lehigh Carbon Community College;
Marywood University;
Pennsylvania College Of Tech.;
Pittsburgh Institute Of Aeronautics;
Reading Area Community College.

Go to this link and select PA in the drop down menu, then search:
http://flighttraining.aopa.org/learntofly/school/aviation_colleges/

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

No, you do not have to join the military or a academy to become a pilot.

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

Also, if you do join the military, I know that in the AF, if you come in to be a pilot, you have to serve at least 10 years.

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

10 years plus the time you spend on ready reserve.

This means you can be recalled to active duty if needed.

It's not for everyone, but I have no complaints about it...

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

if you are in the military academy and have to go in a war ,i'd rather be in the air then on the ground, but thats me.

Dont waste your money at a flying school. You will have a better experience and save so much more money by flying with one of your local FBO's.

Pro Member First Officer

I don't agree for two reasons...

1. Your local FBO won't take student aid, scholarships intended for a higher institution.

2. You need to have a college education if you ever want to fly for the majors, unless they drastically change their desires.

A school that offers a BS or BA is better than your FBO in the long run.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Why is it that most ATC controllers can't drink coffee and direct traffic at the same time?

I really wish you'd reveal the answer to this question some day soon, I've been having sleepless nights 😳

Thanks, Rick 😀

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Why is it that most ATC controllers can't drink coffee and direct traffic at the same time?

I really wish you'd reveal the answer to this question some day soon, I've been having sleepless nights 😳

Thanks, Rick 😀

A image of Top Gun came to mind but that probably isn't the answer. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Guys, I just found this link.

http://www.bestaviation.net/ It may help a lot, I guess.

You can see a list of flying schools of your country.

Pro Member First Officer

Ok,

Here's the story...

About 4 years ago, I went to visit a tower at a Class D airfield. The controller that was there at the time was fairly busy and tried to take a quick sip of coffee.

Only problem was that the coffee was a little too hot and he wound up spitting it out all over the strips in on the desk with all the light plans on it.

You couldn't help but to laugh...even after the guy gave me and my buddy the "stink eye."

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Av8r77 wrote:

Ok,

Here's the story...

About 4 years ago, I went to visit a tower at a Class D airfield. The controller that was there at the time was fairly busy and tried to take a quick sip of coffee.

Only problem was that the coffee was a little too hot and he wound up spitting it out all over the strips in on the desk with all the light plans on it.

You couldn't help but to laugh...even after the guy gave me and my buddy the "stink eye."

Boy you sure know a thing or two about suspence Twisted Evil
A bit like squeezing water out of a rock...

Anyway, thanks for this entertaining tale'
Rick 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...