Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

This Forum

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I've often been interested in trying to find out why I first came to this forum [no regrets]. Afterall, before I came to this forum I was I used to laugh at people who would take part forums.So my question to you is, what made you come to this forum and was it the first forum you ever attended [if you can put it that way].

Well here are my answers.

It was the first forum I ever attended.

Well, I came here because of the download section but by mistake when trying to log onto my account, I accidently pressed the forums button and from there on I was hooked.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

Everytime I typed anything related to FS9 in the google search engine, links to this website were of the first ones I saw. I gave it a chance, and here I am 😀

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I've been on various forums going back close to ten years. This is the only flight sim forum I'm on.

Why this forum? As I recall I came here through the Microsoft web site. I was having some problems with the sim and I was looking through the Flight sim pages on Microsoft and in the links section this site was listed. I came, I saw, I liked and I joined.

The combined knowledge of the posters here leaves few questions unanswered. There aren't many problems with the sim that someone on here hasn't experienced and solved, plus almost any download you can imagine someone has tried and can give an opinion on. Which add on's are good and which aren't so good.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I had recently bought the sim (pre-order) and need some help because my (at that time) video card was causing crashes.
So I surfed around searching for answers but couldn't find any.
I landed on this site, they had a post asking for the no-cd crack and I had it, so I posted where I had downloaded it from and everyone (Habu, TTT) and others were so nice I decided to stay.
After all that time I've read (and joined a few) other forums but haven't found one with such a nice group of people, too many of the others are filled with self important know-it-all's.
My first post as "guestRadarMan" is still here in the very long and heavily hit first crack topic.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Googled. Found this site. Price was right. The rest is history. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Google...searching for add ons...but find something better...great guys ❗ ❗ ❗ so i stick on it.... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

popped up on Google and liked what I read.

Have visited many sites this seems to be the only one I follow regularly.

The general attitiude of the people is the main factor making me want to return. I was recently investigating a problem and ran on a site which popped up from google. Reading the thread they had the answer whch was to edit fs9.cfg but when the origional person that posed the question requested additional help as to where to find fs9.chg he was informed that anybody that had not mastered their computer yet had no business trying to expland flight simulator beyond its orgional offering.

I had the thought wow had this been on FlyAway the good people would have been posting like mad trying to beat RM and the regulars. I would have been there too as it would have been one of the few time I really had an answer.

I learn so much following problems I think I have the answer to as it usually is expanded into an area that I was unaware of.

You guys are great Keep it up Clap

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Radarman, out of curiosity, how did you end up a moderator here anyway?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Radarman, out of curiosity, how did you end up a moderator here anyway?

Flyaway asked me one day if I would like to volunteer (mod) here, I came here all the time anyway so I said yes.
It's my way of paying back to all the people who give away free-ware, I can't do that so I do this.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Great choice from Flyaway... Clap Clap Clap

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I was looking for some aircrafts to download and came out with this site. I clicked on Forum to read something about FS9 and liked it very much. Then I decided to sign up and participate in this forum.

This is not the first forum for me. But it is my first FS forum. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I actually joined before I owned flight sim. I was trying to scrape the cash together ASAP, and I just wanted to read about it, so I googled Flight Simulator 2004 and this was like the first link that came up. Was cool

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I wish I could remember, but I can't..I belong to a couple of other flightsim forums but rarely ever visit them.. they all have some great people, but none of them have as many great people as we have here.... 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

I think I found this site on Google, but I can't remember what I was searching for.

When I clicked on the forums link, it looked like an interesting place with helpful members so I signed up and I have not looked back since 🙂

I would also like to say a quick thank - you to all the guys here who have helped my out on my introduction to flyaway - the best flight sim site on the planet!! 😀

Thanks,
Jarred 🙂

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I'm one of those people that have no idea how I got here, and now coming up on my 500th post I really have no idea how I got here! All I know is that it's done a lot for me =). You all were some of my first "virtual" buddies out there!

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

Googled. Found this site. Price was right. The rest is history. 😀

CG
I reciprocate. This is the only forum I post on
Have an enjoyable weekend.
🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

I had bought FS 2002 it was simple. I then rebuilt my machine and put in new graphics, etc,... I then bought FS9 it was easy to use but I had questions about it. I didn't want to go MS KB they seem to talk to the subject in FAQ but they don't really answer most of the questions in the FAQs. I found that Fly Away does this. It is its own community and has discussions that sometimes makes no sense at all. That is some people post things that are difficult to understand. Kind of like Iam babling now. Putting aside the $5.00 price tag, and sometimes stupidity on my part. I ussuall am steered on the correct path. It just takes time to get answers sometimes. I belong to another site Leatherneck.com were we answer questions tell jokes and act as mentors. I had joined that before Fly Away and felt good about what I saw there. I monitored Fly Away and I was hooked. 😂 😂

Regards,