Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

>On the 1st of november , we will have to pay for the use of our MSN and
>email accounts unless we send this message to at least 18 contacts on your
>contact list. It's no joke if you don't believe me then go to the site (
>www.msn.com ) and see for yourself. Anyways once you've sent this message
>to at least 18 contacts , your msn dude will become blue. please copy and
>paste don't forward cos people won't take notice of it otherwise

This message is for those of you with MSN Hotmail. I don't think it will be much help if you send the message while using some other type of Hotmail.

Anyway if you do have MSN hotmail please send the message to some people you know.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Umm... There's more than one hotmail???

Pro Member Captain

I know this definatley seems a bit suspicious but I'd rather not find out that on the 1st of Novemeber my email account isn't working.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

If this is truth,and i have no doubt that you have ensure it dear JVD,i prefer get rid of my hotmail and create an account in yahoo till i get rid of them too if they asking for money.I find it ridiculus.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

This looks like a classic spam message.

They have no way of tracking these messages through and I have seen loads of things like this on Yahoo too.

I would consider this a hoax, I do not have this email and have a hotmail account.

There is no way they would charge you to use MSN messenger as evberyone would stop using it and start with Skype or Google Talk, or Yahoo or... etc etc

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Classic scam and spam

Do not send any messages, don't reply, just delete and ignore it.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

This is what I see at MSN Hotmail. I don't see anything about charging and this is the URL they gave. I think this is a hoax..........................delete it.

New to MSN Hotmail?
A smarter way to email FREE!

Get enhanced security for your email!

Help keep your inbox free from contamination. With powerful spam filters and enhanced virus scanning & cleaning.
Easily connect & share!

Send & receive e-mail from any Web connection. With a huge 250MB inbox* and the ability to send up to 10MB files or photos.
Express yourself!

Have fun personalizing e-mail to friends & family. With unique emoticons, signatures, background choices, fonts & layout styles.

*250MB inbox available only in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Eligible Hotmail users will first receive 25MB at sign-up. Please allow at least 30 days for activation of your 250MB storage to verify your e-mail account and help prevent abuse. Microsoft Corporation reserves the right to provide 250MB inbox to free Hotmail accounts at its discretion.

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

Yes this is a hoax email.

I received the same message here in NZ and there is no way that it would be true.

People are always making up hoax 'chain' letters that are complete rubbish.

Most of the time I don't even pay attention to the letters, so there is no need to worry about it.

If hotmail made users pay for their accounts, they would lose huge numbers of users to other online accounts such as Yahoo and GMail.

Thanks,
Jarred Smile

Pro Member Captain

It's not much of a worry but it's just a rather tedious work to send all my contact my new address [for example Vatsim]. Anyway, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Trust me.

Delete it, ignore it.

You're fine.

japan12334 Guest

Anyone who believes this is a Censored . Even go to sites on BBC , and there are articles about it being a hoax, this thing started inn 2001!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was supposed to be november 1st of 2001, and how the Censored is sending tht message to 18 people gonna make msn stop?? HMM??? Censored

Edits by Radar

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

hahahha hilarious...

I get messages like these like 107235 times a day and it's never true.. just ignore it 100%

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i see that misses the full date.

i get them saying as of november 1st 2002....