Captain Sim C-130 Question

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Hi everyone. This question main is for the Captain Sim C-130 owners. Can someone please tell me how to start the dang engines. I've printedo ut the check list and still when i push the red button nothing happens. Help anyone?

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

i might be buying this next week..

I won't be able to help until then i'm afraid

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Are you trying to start from 'on board' or external source? I've been having problems with setting up the controls/knobs and switches - there's so many of them - bleed air, cross feed, condition levers, hyd press, buttons, knobs and switches!!. For the moment I'm resorting to the old [control + e] to start engines in sequence 1 - 4 if I'm wanting to 'cheat' and get in the air - otherwise I'm sitting on the apron setting up the switch/control panel(s) for ages. When you refer to "checklist " do you mean pages 8 - 11 of the manual part ll - 'normal procedures' or the abreviated one?
I'm sure we will get there in the end and the other guys who have been flying the Herk for some time will no dought give us some info.
The sim is well worth the effort of doing things "proper".

Pro Member First Officer

Have just started #1 successfully:- first set fuel system - then electrical circuits - on battery -you should get amp meters up and green lights on connection - then start GTC and obtain green run/speed lights. Set throttle condition to run. Then press red button and hey presto!
You need to flit between the 2 control panels in the icon control panel as you set this up. Generally follow the pages I previously mentioned in post above. Good luck!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

thanks verygom. i'll be flying her again in about a half an hour. I wasn't refering to pages 8-11 in Part II. What I use and what i've printed out are pages 36-41 in Part II. I'll have to try your instructions to see if i can get them started. Before i just had to use Ctrl+E. But I try to start them on the ground and i always have the GTC on when i attempt to start.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

yep. just tried to start them up and nothing. i had to do Ctrl+E. verygom, if you wouldn't mind could you list all the step you do from preparing the cockpit for engine start up to when you push the red button? thanks.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

hmmm. see thats what that overhead panel on mine looks like too. could you take a picture of the other overhead panel right before you start the engines up?? thank you very much

Pro Member First Officer

As you can see I'm having problems with photobucket and sizing Embarassed
will try and sort it out Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

verygom your my hero. thanks everyone else who helped too. but i set up my overhead the same was as in the picture and presto 1,2,3,4 they all fired up. so in my checklist that i made which include pages 36-41 from Part II i had to put this in there:

Bus Tie- open
DC- main bus
ATM- off
Engine 1-4 generators- disconnect
Cengine 1-4 bleed- on
Left and Right wing Isolation- open
Phase selector- B

Pro Member First Officer

Glad you got it sorted Jared - can you try this for me - with engines running push the 4 buttons on the CP's side panel - panel CC 1,2,3,4 - the ones that are supposed to be for paratroop activity - but mine shut the engines down in sequence!!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

i am not to sure which buttons you are talking about. can you show me a picture of them or tell me what page of the manual they are in.

Pro Member First Officer

Page 34 - co-pilots side shelf 3d clickable panel.
Panel CC - buttons 1- 4 - air deflector, paratroop alarm bell switch etc.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

well i hit them and my engines didn't shutdown.

Pro Member First Officer

Am I stupid or what Embarassed Embarassed I've been reading the manual wrong.
Mixed up panel/switches Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Wall Bashing
This thread can now end!

jds667911 Guest

Those buttons are for feathering the props, If anyone has any questions about how to work something on the cs c-130, I work on real EC-130H's and I got this thing down to an art. If you have any questions you can e-mail me at jason.styles@gmail.com

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...