So....I Ask You All This Question......

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

Talk about playing Army.....Well I no longer do that.......but I have found a better,more exciting way to pass the time.....

For the last few days I have been flying my C130 all over the United States....I have made a complete lap around the continent...Well,,almost..I'm on my last leg today...I have visited every military base I could find...Let me tell you,,some of them in the Rockies and Black mountains were pretty hairy to land at....To make it more exciting I set weather to cold fronts,so all approaches in mountains were IRF....Very cool I tell ya......

So...Am I the only child here who plays*make believe* with their flights????? LOL

And yes,,I am a retired 48 yr. old kid...And loving every minuet of it.....This game is the F-----G greatest...

RadarMan...How goes the ATI set up???? Hope it all works out well for you bud...

And one more *Salute* to FlyAway for all his good work and efforts here....This Is a GREAT site.......

Great day to all you flyers out there....See ya...Off to fly now......Mason

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Let me tell you now, you are not the only one who makes up flight ideas! About a week ago, I was a European pilot for a cargo company - I flew the same flight twice daily and return! FS is just great, let your imagination go wild 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Harleyman
Do not flatter to your self. You just a kid without the "old" addition. I am retired as you but just 66 years old except that about the dreams just like you. By the way I am not the oldest in the forum

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Blush My age is Ha Ha between both of you.
I like to take my DC3 out to "deliver the mail" in a snow or rain storm, the radio isn't working so I have to fly "dead reckoning" by compass alone. I usually survive the flight due to my trusty aircraft and white scarf, leather hat and goggles. Ninja

We all have fun doing this super Sim, I never thought I would fly, I wanted to as a young man but responsibilities got in the way. Yucky

HarleyMan, the ATI will be here Thursday, and it will replace an ATI that I have now, thanks for asking. I thought that I might report all of the gyrations that I go through getting it to work correctly for others to follow in the future. Clap

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Schewwwwwwwwwwwww

Glad to see I'm not that far gone yet.......My wife thinks I'm totally nuts...... And I am....But having a blast...LOL

Hell...I bought her a good gaming puter and got her hooked on the *Sims*...lol Shhe has every expansion pack avaible......

I wanna try out the online stuff soon..Don't know squat about it though......And may be embaressed if some one sees me slam my plane intom the ground at landing...lol

Gotta go for real this time...

Again...Great for you Radarman on your conquest.........

Pro Member Trainee
paramesh Trainee

Hi everyone as far as my age is concerned i think ➡ i am quite young (16 to be precise) 😂 .......well i am on vacation and just completed my world tour (almost) only to find myself crashing into the pacific on the last leg from santiago to los angeles.( DC-10 out of fuel)
all u guys out there have a great time flying & take care 😂
Radarman can u tell me what this ATI is all about.... ❓
bye.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

paramesh wrote:

Radarman can u tell me what this ATI is all about.... ❓
bye.

It's all in this thread, I just received my new video card and wanted to list the steps of changing and installing it in case others needed some help.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/925/my-new-ati-radeon-9800pro-128mb/

👍

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Wow!!!
World tours!!! Coast to coast!!!! Crashing into the Pacific!!!
I haven't advanced further than the Cessna but I do visit local old airports/airfields - some which no longer exist!! 😀

But all the above 'dream trips' only encourage me and one day hope to make the trip from UK to Hongkong - thank goodness they have moved from the old Kai Tak - I have sat on the balcony of a 25th story flat and watched a DC 10 in a 'near top down view' on it's approach. 😳

I am probably the oldest in the forum and able to say that my first journey to Hongkong was my boat - there were no flights available. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Because age is the topic of conversation, I thought you guys might be interested in the History Of Flight Simulation article:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/187/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain

Very interesting that article"The History of Flight Sim" Gave it 5 😂

I had my first experience of fs with Proflight 95 and it didn't do anything for the flight sim concept and never tried again until I got FS2004 a few months back and now realise what I was missing for these years 🍻 .

Pro Member First Officer

Hey Davec.....I too flew the Cesna for awhile and became bored....So I just started flying all the aircraft till I found my favorites...For now I really like the props...Have flown all the Jets but don;t do so good with them...See,,,I'm lazy and haven't finished school yet...lol Far to fun to fly than study...Jets requir more knowledge than I have now..Will learn them later...I learned the props just by experimenting...

I do have my *Private Pilot* checkride thought.... 😀 lol

Just another fool in the sky....

Pro Member Captain

Hi Harleyman

I have tried the bigger craft but my knowedge is not yet sufficient to have any real success. Can get them off the ground, level flight - your joking and there is always the End Flight button. Crying or Very sad
Like you I get a bit fed up with the lessons =
"You are too low"
"You are too high"
"You are too low"
etc
etc

...but I will persevere Twisted Evil

and another old fool in the sky!!

Pro Member First Officer

LOL Davec...Know what you mean about the lessons...Try the King air...Flys great...Use the auto pilot..drop down the cockpit after establishing altitude till you just have guages showing.and you cah nagivate with your mouse from there by turning the little dial on the thing...OOOppppssss Forgot what its called...You can also change your altiyude that way......

Once in the air set the A/P..Set altitude,set direction and you're off...The plane will fly where you tell it to and you can sit back,look around at all your views,and enjoy.....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...