Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

installing fs04 on new comp

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

Hi all, Just one quick question. If i reinstall fs04 on a new computer will the aircraft i downloaded into it come up with it or will i have to download them again? Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Think about it for a minute. If it is a new computer, the files you downloaded and installed on the old one aren't there, are they?

If you backed those planes up on CD-ROM, you will only have to install them again. If not, you will have to download and install them on the new computer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Flyboy92 wrote:

Hi all, Just one quick question. If i reinstall fs04 on a new computer will the aircraft i downloaded into it come up with it or will i have to download them again? Thanks.

If you want fs9 to be the same as it was on your previous machine, you might want to copy the aircraft, effects and gauges folders and overwrite them and possibly also the cfg if you have made any alterations to it. If you created a separate sound- and panel folder you might want to overwrite those as well.

In short , any alterations you've made to your original fs9 installation you should migrate to the new one.

Important: If you've upgraded to fs9.1 on your previous setup, you should do the same in your new installation BEFORE you migrate all the above mentioned folders.

RECAP : First do a clean installation of fs9. Next upgrade to fs9.1. Finally copy/paste and overwrite when prompted all the subfolders of fs9 as mentioned above. (and the cfg if applicable, but do backup and save a copy of the original).

Good luck, Rick

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

To Tailhook:

You just went through all that didn't you?

Yes you should make a clean install of the game and then transfer any files you added after that. Most plane downloads will transfer very easily, the only thing some of them require you also transfer the main gauges file since they add files to it. Some downloads have special flights that would need to be transferred also.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

WarHawk42 wrote:

To Tailhook:

You just went through all that didn't you?

Yes you should make a clean install of the game and then transfer any files you added after that. Most plane downloads will transfer very easily, the only thing some of them require you also transfer the main gauges file since they add files to it. Some downloads have special flights that would need to be transferred also.

Thanks WarHawk I've learned a thing or two from you. But now you've got me confused. "main gauges file"... I didn't know I had one. I'm still looking - have windows explorer right in front of my nose. Put it down to my periodic blindness.
Could you possibly be referring to the Gauges Folder???

Nice to see you on the board at this hour, regards
Rick 🍻

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Thanks WarHawk I've learned a thing or two from you. But now you've got me confused. "main gauges file"... I didn't know I had one. I'm still looking - have windows explorer right in front of my nose. Put it down to my periodic blindness.
Could you possibly be referring to the Gauges Folder???

Nice to see you on the board at this hour, regards
Rick 🍻

Brain fade, that should have read transfer the old gauge folder to the new gauge folder. My mistake, thanks for catching it. If you don't transfer the gauge folder and replace the existing gauge folder you well might have missing gauges.