P-40 WARHAWK in all its glory

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

IRIS has broken new ground with the Warhawk by providing detailed replications of the P-40E, P-40F, P-40L, P-40N, and the twin seat TP-40N trainer. Known in the Commonwealth air forces as the Kittyhawk, the P-40 Warhawk was and still is seen by many as one of the classic fighters of WWII.

The P-40 Warhawk comes with a total of 22 high quality textures covering some of the many countries who flew the P-40, such as the United States Army Air Force, the Royal Air Force and the Royal Australian Air Force to name just a few.

In a first for us, we bring you an excellent virtual cockpit with entirely 3D gauges. This gauge technology allows for perfectly smooth gauges and aircraft operation in both the single and twin seat aircraft, and as a testament to this statement, you can also see the gauges moving from the outside of the aircraft in the exterior view with no loss in quality!

The Virtual cockpit is not the only item we’ve worked hard on, the textures are first rate and feature authentic weathering as seen on many wartime P-40’s, plus the exterior models come with fuel tanks, bombs or a crisp clean load-out depending on how you want to fly.

The flight models have been adjusted to suit the different variants of the P-40, whether you’re flying the older E model or the newer Rolls Royce Merlin powered P-40L, each aircraft is designed to the individual aircraft’s specifications.

We all hope you enjoy this product and feel free to drop us a line if you want to comment on the aircraft or any of our products.

If you have any requests or questions regarding the P-40 Warhawk, or other products available from IRIS, please drop us an e-mail at support@dsbdesign.com or visit our forums

The IRIS P-40 Warhawk collection features the following;

A total of twenty-two high quality weathered textures covering the many air forces that flew the Warhawk and Kittyhawk.
A total of twenty models covering the P-40E, P-40F, P-40L, P-40N and the twin seat TP-40N trainer all carrying a variety of ordnance.
Custom sounds recorded from the P-40E’s Allison V-1710-39 engine.
Fully clickable virtual cockpit with full 3D gauges allowing for crystal clear display and smooth needle movement in both interior and exterior views.
Specular shine on all models provide an authentic metal shine to the aircraft.
Animated exits, landing gear, and control surfaces.
Detailed flight model based on technical notes from a Royal Australian Air Force P-40 Kittyhawk pilot.
Use of 3D Gauges allow for perfect flying from both the front and back seat of the TP-40N with no loss in performance.
A total of eighty-eight possible aircraft variations to pick and choose from.
A master paint kit for the P-40 product in Adobe Photoshop format.

Look at the screenshots ➡ http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=1504

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks for the very interesting infos and the great screenshots Tailhook.
Im sure the a great member of us will be very happy.... 😉

Thanks again. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Thanks for the very interesting infos and the great screenshots Tailhook.
Im sure the a great member of us will be very happy.... 😉

Thanks again. 😉

Well thank you Greekman - the screenshots of course I cannot take any credit for. Just admiring them like everyone else.

I wish they would publish trialwares for all those beautiful creations so we could take them for a spin before we buy.

Anyway, what are you doing up at such an early hour...?? Have you run out of Retsina? 😳

Regards 🍻
Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

LooooL...

Here is 17:03(military hour... 😉 )but last night i had a party in my home cause i celebrating my name day(it was on wednesday but i prefer saturday for not have to wake up next day).It was great time for all of us ... we were about 18 persons and we drink a lot... Not retsina but another brand.It calls ''Moschofilero'' and it is producing with pure methods by a good friend of mine...Fortunately we have some dishses for next week... 😉 The party ends at 05:00 at the morning...And now i had to drink a double espresso in order to return from the hungover... 😉

P.S.i think you miss a post of mine to your Floppy topic.... 😉Have a look ➡

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I apologise Greekman, I did miss that post of yours... How could that happen? Lack of Retsina , I guess.

About that "Moschofilero" Umm... isn't that what Zorba used to drink??

If so, than it surely is a magic potion created by Bacchus himself since it caused Zorba to see the truth and have the courage to utter it: "... a wife, a house, a family... the whole catastrophy..."

I better cut it out, I'm being politically incorrect again - as for you Greekman, keep up the good life and don't let anyone tell you what to drink and what not to drink. And if it's Bacchus you decide to worship and promote to your major deity - I might just join you!!!

Yassou 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

LoooL

Excactly my friend.This is the brand.And yes.... sometimes it makes you fell better and gives light to dark sides of life.

Im really surprised and happy that i find someone who khows such a lot of things about my country(and for not being unfair there are others too...)
And i have to let you know that im always very happy if i joined from great persons... Its a pleasure for me discussing with you and if i allowed to place a comment here i would like to notice that this site wins another great and decent member. 😉

Wish you the best... 😉

P.S. I feel that i have to apologise to all (and to you)just in case of someone feels that we have turn this topic to a personal conversation...
Of course all are welcome... 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Agreed Greekman, we should move these conversations to the Off Topic board... I think we might be in for a few surprises though.

History shows that when people are given the chance to speak up - their lips become sealed as if by magic.

It's good to see you, Greekman ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

History shows that when people are given the chance to speak up - their lips become sealed as if by magic.

Very well said ❗ ❗ ❗ And if we start a conversation about this we are going to increase our total posts to thousands cause there are so much things to say about... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Beautiful aircraft and a great assortment of paints.

In case no one noticed they have some superior looking free-ware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Radarman that link displays some good looking fighters of a more recent era, but it seems impossible to get any kind of download...!

Is it my incompetence again?? 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I just looked at their forum and they have to be downloaded from Flightsim, it seems to be a question of spending to much of their bandwidth.

I have posted the Northrops on Flightsim.com : dsb_f5a.zip, dsb_f5e.zip & dsb_f20.zip

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

I downloaded the dsb Tornado - had no problems and it flies quite well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thank you Gentlemen,

I did find them at flightsim.

And I will be signing up for that "Basic Computerskills for Dummies" course shortly Horse

Regards,
Rick

Bubba Joe Guest

I have a question for the P-40 experts. What is the diameter of the P-40 propeller. I can not find this statistic anywhere.
Thanks,
Bubba[/quote]

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...