Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

BSOD

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I think I've posted something about this before but I couldn't find it in the archives. I need a quick fix for the BSOD (blue screen of death)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can get it a few way's.
If you shut the computer down the wrong way, by the button on the case not by the standard software.
If Windows crashes and restarts on it's own it will run the BSOD.
This usually happens because of a video card problem.

More, much more would have to be known to reach a sensible answer.
Windows is doing that (BSOD) to protect itself.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

When you get the error, write down the whole thing.. post it in here and we can help

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I want to add an unecesary(maybe) notice.You have to write the ''000eexxx...''etc error code,not all the message. 😉

There is also a chance which after a few seconds of this blue screen appears the system restarts so you wont have the time to write this error code.In this case when windows started you will see an error message which sais''The system has recovered form a serious error...etc''.I think that there is a also a choice in this message ''view error'' or ''view error log''(i dont remember it very well Embarassed ).Hit this and you will get an error report which you can write or copy-paste this error code.You can also find this code and an analysis of your error from right click my computer/manage/event viewer/system.Check the last date which face up this problem and find the warnings on this day.By double clicking in ''warning'' you will see the error report and if i remember well the error code.(notice: the error code are not the data table bellow the analysis of your problem)

I also want to add the this problem appears ,except from the reasons the RadarMan very right spots ,from also a Ram glitch or incompatibilitie(different clocks),from a sudden error in power supply sources,from overheating,from bad or missing grounding(systems or main AC power source)and in some extreme cases,virus infections...Of course the catalog is longer...

It will be more helpful for all of us if you give us the specific specs of your system and tell us when you last time set it up and if you have recently add a new hardware etc.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok you guys, my dad thought it was something I downloaded for FS so we went to Comp USA and bought an HP computer for $700. The printer was free and we get $100 worth of rebates. It was a good deal. It's my birthday Friday anyways. It's windows ZP Home Edition. I'm going to start on it after dinner here. Incase I need help, is anybody going to be around tomorrow night?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:41 pm Post subject: BSOD Reply with quote
I think I've posted something about this before but I couldn't find it in the archives. I need a quick fix for the BSOD (blue screen of death)

I did fail detective training... but the time difference between the two above posts strikes me as odd. This wouldn't be the new HP that's causing us all the trouble...??

See also:https://flyawaysimulation.com/posts9058-120.html

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Sometimes things may seem to be complicated and they aren't. I do agree a lot more information is needed. But simple things after your machine is shut down is to check for component seating. All you have to do is check the following to make sure that they are seated completely in their places, video card, ram chips, soundcard if external (PCI), ground cable, I think that you get the point you would be sureprised how many times things are loose and this fixes them.

I hope that this has helped in some way.

Regards,
Ed ❗ Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

edr1073 wrote:

Sometimes things may seem to be complicated and they aren't. I do agree a lot more information is needed. But simple things after your machine is shut down is to check for component seating. All you have to do is check the following to make sure that they are seated completely in their places, video card, ram chips, soundcard if external (PCI), ground cable, I think that you get the point you would be sureprised how many times things are loose and this fixes them.

I hope that this has helped in some way.

Regards,
Ed ❗ Idea

With respect, but all that component seating you seem to be concerned with, really shouldn't be an issue with a brandnew HP computer just bought from Comp USA for $700 - or should it...?

I guess I still have to learn a lot Read

Regards,
Rick 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

but the new pc had to be shipped to his house

probably by some bloke who really doesn't give a shit about whats in that box 🙂

things get loose 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

If this is a brandnew machine and your having problems contents do move around a little bit. I would call their tech support and tell them about the BSOD. To my experenence, it appears to loose components or not completely seated. I have heard were some people get new machines and the CD/ROM aren't connected. That does get detected on bootup but it will not stop it from booting.

Just my 2c that's all.

Regards,

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

but the new pc had to be shipped to his house

probably by some bloke who really doesn't give a shit about whats in that box 🙂

things get loose 🙂

I read you, Insight - it's just - well, I also read that: "...so we went to Comp USA and bought an HP computer"

In my naivety I assumed that to mean driving there, placing the new purchase carefully and lovingly on the backseat, covering the box with a blanket to protect it from the sun's harmful rays and have the kid hold on to it for dear life to soften the impact of the unavoidable potholes one is bound to encounter on the drive home.

But you're right Insight, I probably misread the whole thing again and the computer was indeed delivered by some careless courier.

I have to brush up on my reading skills

Read Read

Rick 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Ah sorry tailhook,, that would be me skimming things and not seeing that they picked it up themselves!

Still, car journeys can be bumpy i suppose...

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I agree that the transoprtatiom of a system is critical in order this system arrives safe and in one piece in the customer.
All the big manufactures know about the accidents that could be happen durring the transportation of their products thats why they follow some very flintily standarts of packaging which is assign by ISO.
The final packaging of a product isnt a simple proccess and it needs a lot of tests in order to reach the final choice of it.
They test the package with the unit inside by dropping it from several heights and from different angles,they test it also in high hymmidity,cold,and hot conditions and at the end they check the units funcionality.
if all this tests are pass the QC(Qualify Control)sector gives the OK to procced with the most succesful ,in tests, packaging materials.

Of course there is always a possibility to have accidents and damaged units and we must not forget that in all the boxes is assigned some special instruction for the transpotration of it, which ,if they overulled, it can be seriously damaged.
And of course we must not forget the way we open a unit and the way we plug all the jack of our devices on it.Many problems comes from hard or uncareful movements.

As a conclusion,if i was my pilot i will start troubleshoting with Edrs suggestion which is simlpe to do and then follow all the others right suggestions.Of course if the system is still warranty covered i wont touch it and i call techical support to solve my problem.