Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Help! 737 original files needed!

Pro Member Trainee
afroboy Trainee

Any chance someone could please upload the original MSFS 2004 737-400 folder ( all sub folders within included) for me. Ages ago i was playin round with it and ended up botching the files ( yup, was too excited putting new panels n sounds in to backup the original). It hasn't mattered til now cause i bought the PMDG 737, but i just purchased perfect flights approaches and need the original 737 to load up before i can change the aircraft!!
Cheers,
Dave Surprised

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Boy, this stuff is getting more complicated by the day Shocked

Just when I thought I was getting a grip on the whole affair...

Now, tell me I'm wrong if I am: Isn't the PMDG an addon for MSFS?

To run fs9 legally aren't you supposed to own a LEGAL copy of FS??

I beg you,Sir enlighten me Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Wall Bashing

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Boy, this stuff is getting more complicated by the day Shocked

Just when I thought I was getting a grip on the whole affair...

Now, tell me I'm wrong if I am: Isn't the PMDG an addon for MSFS?

To run fs9 legally aren't you supposed to own a LEGAL copy of FS??

I beg you,Sir enlighten me Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Wall Bashing

If I understand him correctly he has FS2004, but he had added files to his 737-400 folder which modified the aircraft and he now needs the original files for it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

That is what I understand, as well. The problem, as I see it, is that giving anyone FS files, violates the terms of the EULA.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

That is what I understand, as well. The problem, as I see it, is that giving anyone FS files, violates the terms of the EULA.

I don't know if it's possible to download a single aircraft from the original disks, I have never tried. If not the only solution may be to reinstall FS2004.

As you state it would be a violation of the EULA to send those files to a third party. Freeware is different case where it can be distributed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

if you know which CAB files the aircraft are kept in you might be able to find them..

i think winzip opens CAB files.. if not try winrar

Pro Member Trainee
afroboy Trainee

Yes i do own a copy of MSFS 2004. I also have over 30 add-ons to the program ( PSS, Captain sim, level D, Wilco Publishing, Aerosoft, Flight 1- you get the drift) My concern was that if i need to uninstall MSFS AND reinstall it i would probably have to reinstall most if not all my programs again which will take many hours to sort out, not to mention if i had to re-acquire product keys as i have purchased all of them via direct download.

Pro Member Trainee
afroboy Trainee

Okay, i'm gonna reinstall MSFS, i will let you know how i get on. As for "Tailhook" how about you read the post properly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

afroboy

did you try looking inside the CAB files on the CDs for the files you are after as I suggested?

Pro Member Trainee
afroboy Trainee

Hi Insight,
i thought before i check the CAB files i would see if the uninstall would let me keep my saved files...which it did! so have just finished reinstalling MSFS and ironing out the bugs (since reinstall some of my DLL's for program addons we not responding, so i fixed em up as they pose a problem. Mostly straight forward though, and i can now enjoy the Perfect Flight approaches add on i bought!! Cheers for your advice!
Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

afroboy wrote:

As for "Tailhook" how about you read the post properly.

I am devastated... how on earth can you accuse me of not reading your post properly???

I read your post four times - read not scanned - and then tried to translate it into one of the versions of the English language that I feel comfortable with.

I admit that I might have made one or more errors in my translations - but to accuse me of not reading your post is simply outrageous and I cannot continue living with my character blemished in such a way. Therefore I am now off to end my miserable life in the least painful way...

Regards
Rick Very Happy

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I admit that I might have made one or more errors in my translations - but to accuse me of not reading your post is simply outrageous and I cannot continue living with my character blemished in such a way. Therefore I am now off to end my miserable life in the least painful way...

Regards
Rick Very Happy

Would you make out a will and leave me your computer? I think it's newer than mine. ROFL Whistle

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

WarHawk42 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

Regards
Rick Very Happy

Would you make out a will and leave me your computer? I think it's newer than mine. ROFL Whistle

Lucky man you are Warhawk, caught me just in time. It's all yours!!!

Being the resourceful type, I know you won't mind tying up a few loose ends, so to speak.

In my utter desperation I went looking for pills, sharp knives, guns, ropes - but living the simple life I don't own any of those essentials. EXCEPT:

The item that you seem to be hankering after... let me explain:
I've been running my new comp for about 2 weeks now but the side panel is still unattached simply because I haven't found the time or patience yet to tie up the myriad of cables that seem to be there just for decoration purposes Shocked
Now some of those cables are very strong and long enough to tie around my you know what...

So here's the deal: All you gotta do is untie the carcass from the cables and attach the side panel, or use a wire cutter, this way you won't have to bother tidying up all those useless cables.

With this comp you'll be able to run http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=1504
without a hitch.

P.S.: The key is under the doormat.

Good bye and be well
Rick
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

P.S.: The key is under the doormat.

Good bye and be well
Rick
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Well it is your demise and being the kind and generous person I am I would be the last to tell how to do it. I think all decisions this personal must be made by the person involved, but on the other hand do you have to run the risk of screwing up a perfectly good computer?

I guess the best thing I can do is offer you one last one for the road, so to speak.

Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're sure complicating matters - firstly, I told you to use the wirecutters if it's easier - and just how am I supposed to swallow that delicious looking brew with my neck all in a knot??

Or do you by any chance have a hidden agenda such as putting my miserable existence before my sparkling, brandnew computer?

Still alive and kicking but more bewildered by the minute

Wall Bashing Wacko Wall Bashing

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

As attractive as the thought of your brand new computer is I have to say your miserable existence is more important to me. I told you I was kind and generous.Smile

Have another one for the road. Rolling Eyes Cheers!

You may notice a pattern here. A few drinks and things will get a lot better. Very Happy

Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're a living Saint! Henceforth I shall call you "Mahatma Warhawk".

And yes, I am beginning to notice a pattern here

Cheers!

This is how things stand presently thanks to your wise council :

My neck is untied and almost straightened out (which is more than I can say for the recalcitrant cables), the side panel is still resting peacefully under my bed and I have decided to transform my miserable existence into one of celebrating life instead - and to that purpose have decided to use the dineros I was going to spend on the 'Legendary C-130' invest instead in a "Home Brewing Kit" - I think they call it.
Watch out life, here I come!! Tee Hee

Problem is - after cosuming copious amounts of the liquid gold on a daily basis - how will that affect my serious endeavour to improve my literary skills??

...unresolved issues remain Shocked

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I seem to recall stories of bathtub gin during prohibition, I suspect if you partake of enough of that your literary skills won't matter much to you, or those pesky errant wires either.Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

WarHawk42 wrote:

I seem to recall stories of bathtub gin during prohibition, I suspect if you partake of enough of that your literary skills won't matter much to you, or those pesky errant wires either.Smile

Roger that Warhawk (I really didn't think you'd be old enough to have partaken in those debaucheries) bearing that in mind, I wonder whether you should be piloting those fighterplanes considering your err.. advanced age.

Anyway, I'll be offline for as long as it takes me to find a suitable bathtub.

Aahhh... finally a purpose in life Devil Cheers! Big Grin

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Laughing I'm not quite that old, but then again the fighter planes I like to pilot are from a bygone era.Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

lol

in the UK the leading Spitfire display pilot, Mr Ray Hannah is 72 I believe - and he still flies like a 20 year old!