Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Airplane Recommendation

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Hi all. I just got the Captain Sim C-130 and I love it but I am still looking for another payware airplane. could anyone telll me of any good payware airplanes. Below is a list of what it should have.

Mainly a turboprop. A commercial jet would be ok.
Price doesn't matter.
A well known company that makes it.
I really don't know what else.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

The Pilatus PC-6 Porter from FSD International, it is great! Very Happy
http://www.fsd-international.com

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

For a regional turboprop, I'd suggest the Flight 1 ATR72-500. For a commercial jet, The PMDG 737NG for short to medium distances, or the Level-D 767 for long haul.

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Speaking of Pilatus, the Flight1 Pilatus PC12 is a remarkable aircraft. I would highly reccommend it.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Passenger turboprop, there's only one way to go: Flight1 ATR 72. It's amazing. Just amazing. And very affordable!

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

for GA prop, definitely Aeroworx Beech Super King Air B200.....cant beat it!!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

well i already have the aeroworx king air, PMDG 737, CS C-130. But can you owners of these planes answer me these. In the F1 ATR-72 and F1 PC-12 tell me how they are overall. And whats the VC, 2D cokpit like. What about the inter/exterior like?. Also is everything fuctional on the airplane.

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Well Jared I can vouch for the PC12. Very nice VC and nice system sounds when you turn on the battery. Dont know much about the 2D panel as I fly VC only. It flies itseslf off the runway nicely but is a bit tricky to land. You have to be very smooth or it tends to bounce and porpoise down the runway. In the air it's flight characteristics are superb. The model is great with nice detail and it has a police livery which is my favorite. I would highly reccommend it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Jared, I have both the PC12 and the ATR72-500. They are both excellent in all ways. However, they are very different planes. The ATR is the more complex for obvious reasons.

The real question is what type of flying you want to do. If you like regional commercial flights, the ATR is the way to go. If you want to be able to fly darn near anywhere, including unimproved grass strips, the PC12 is the plane.

One further note. While it is not quite as good, the freeware AFG Pilatus PC12 is about as good as freeware gets, so you can get a taste for the PC12 without any cost.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well I don't do any type of commercial flights. I am really thinking about getting the PC-12. That really meets my needs. I love GA flying. After seeing the real one at EAA this year I absolutly fell in love with the plane. Other than Ga flying I do some military flights in my CS C-130 out of KMKE. But I do plan on getting the F1 PC-12 soon and I will be using the N605PC color scheme which is available of of www.flightsim.com

Pro Member First Officer
HardLanding First Officer

Jared, what's Flight 1's 172R like compared with Microsoft's 172SP? Is there a real world of difference? (If it seems like this discussion should go to the aircraft section, just let me know.)

HL

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well IMO, I think it is much better. The exterior, VC, and 2D panel are great. I do all of my flying in the VC for this airplane. The flight dynamics are great too. I just started taking lessons in a 172 and trust me, it is extremely close to the real thing. If you have or are looking to flying this in the RW then you should get it. But if you just like flying it, I highly recommend it.