14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Never heard of it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

This type of POLL has been of intertest to me for quite some time. The reason being is that I was 😳 shocked 😳 to find out that many people don't know what a VC is or that it even exists.

P.S just for a matter of interest, please state what option you chose and why.

Another thing is, if you fly some aircraft such as the PMDG 737s + 747s that have a Virtual Cockpit and Cabin, where do you spend the most time during your flight. Would it be in the cabin or the cockpit?

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

i try and fly with my VC on as much as possible, once I am on altitude and all set for the flight i switch to 2d panel to give my head a break as I use Track IR

The reason I use it is quite simply.. 2d panels don't reflect reality 🙂 you can look about in a cockpit.. not on snap views

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I definitly prefer flying in 2d panel mode. To me, the frame rate sacrifice I take when enabling VC and Virtaul Cabin just isn't worth it. If I had a better computer, i'm positive I'd be in the VC more often!

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I've been using the 737NG recently and when I reach the right FL I switch the VC view and enjot the flight from there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I only use the v/c if I absolutely have to. If the model gives me the option not to load the v/c, I don't even load it. I don't like the idea of not seeing out the windshield while searching for a switch, knob, or lever. Besides, a photorealistic panel looks better than the v/c.

In short, to me, it's a waste of resources.