14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Never heard of it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

This type of POLL has been of intertest to me for quite some time. The reason being is that I was 😳 shocked 😳 to find out that many people don't know what a VC is or that it even exists.

P.S just for a matter of interest, please state what option you chose and why.

Another thing is, if you fly some aircraft such as the PMDG 737s + 747s that have a Virtual Cockpit and Cabin, where do you spend the most time during your flight. Would it be in the cabin or the cockpit?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

i try and fly with my VC on as much as possible, once I am on altitude and all set for the flight i switch to 2d panel to give my head a break as I use Track IR

The reason I use it is quite simply.. 2d panels don't reflect reality 🙂 you can look about in a cockpit.. not on snap views

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I definitly prefer flying in 2d panel mode. To me, the frame rate sacrifice I take when enabling VC and Virtaul Cabin just isn't worth it. If I had a better computer, i'm positive I'd be in the VC more often!

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I've been using the 737NG recently and when I reach the right FL I switch the VC view and enjot the flight from there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I only use the v/c if I absolutely have to. If the model gives me the option not to load the v/c, I don't even load it. I don't like the idea of not seeing out the windshield while searching for a switch, knob, or lever. Besides, a photorealistic panel looks better than the v/c.

In short, to me, it's a waste of resources.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...