html

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

hey i have hosted a song and i want to put it on a website streaming, does anyone know what the code will be?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

guaranteeing a stream is tricky as it depends on what the user's browser does with the file..

do you mean you want to make the tune play as back ground music while they view your web page?

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

well i don't know if you have seen websites that have like streaming music and it has windows media player playing the song

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

ok.. so basically - all you want it a link on your page that says "Play song"

or do you want one of those embedded little Wndows Media Player windows?

show me an example of what you want and I will be able to give you the code to do it I expect

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

i think embedded. have you ever been to flight350? if you have i want it to play like they have them there, but a song instead

http://www.flightlevel350.com/viewer.php?id=1851

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Ok,

This might be of use to you, I haven't tried it myself but it will save you faffing about with code and will show you how to do it should you not want to use the generator

http://cit.ucsf.edu/embedmedia/step1.php

Let me know if that helps at all, it basically generates the html code you need as far as I can see

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

well i just think im not hosting it right, do you know of a good free website to host music?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

hosting music is a tricky thing

most free hosts don't allow hosting of music files... in fact alot of pay hosts don't either due to the whole copywright can of worms

who are you hosted with at the moment?

The big issue with hosting music is the bandwidth requirement of course, which is why a lot of free hosts don't support it.

I can recommend a good and very cheap for what you get host -

www.powweb.com

I use them for one of my sites and generally they are very good at helping customers but of course you have to get a domain name too 🙂

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

well i was just using putfile.com

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

ok, so they will host the file for you

so you need somewhere to host the webpage from which to stream i guess..

then you put in the code made using the code generator i sent you earlier in this thread into your html page and job done (put in the url to the file and fill in the options).

I assume you have somewhere to host the html page?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...