Question, please help

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

QUESTION,
why would Microsoft put planes on FS2004 such as the MD-80 but not make that plane one you can fly. As far as i know the only default jet planes on FS2004 the Learjet 45, B737, B747, and the B777.

Any Ideas??? 🙄

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Littleal100,

Good question I noticed MD-83 in the aircraft folder. But it won't open...??? I want waht I paid for too.

Regards,

bigbomb71 Guest

I have seem to payed for my supscription and CANT GET ON HERE TO DOWNLOAD! Please help me any body. email= bigbomb71@aol.com.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

bigbomb71 wrote:

I have seem to payed for my supscription and CANT GET ON HERE TO DOWNLOAD! Please help me any body. email= bigbomb71@aol.com.

Watch for your conformation e-mail, it may go to your junk or deleted folder so check them before emptying them.
It can take up to 4 days depending on how busy they are.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

edr1073 wrote:

Littleal100,

Good question I noticed MD-83 in the aircraft folder. But it won't open...??? I want waht I paid for too.

Regards,

I'm glad someone else has noticed this. Don't touch it, I think it's jinxed. Unless my memory fails me again - I once deleted this useless MD-83 folder, but as if by magic, after a freshh installation it was back in all it's glory.

BTW everything seems to be there except the panel folder. Further the sound cfg reads : [FLTSIM]
product_code=FSIM
alias=B737_400\sound

a bit unusual.

😳

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

ya but why would microsoft do this??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Littleal100 wrote:

ya but why would microsoft do this??

Secret Microsoft works in misterious ways Ninja

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Well, it takes a lot more than just a regular ole' model to make a complete plane! A lot of flight dynamics, systems, and panel work, (not to mention the VC that microsoft puts in all their planes) go into one, and so that takes a lot more testing/design than they had time to do. It doesn't take nearly as much to set up an AI aircraft, which is probably why they went that route.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

originalgrunge wrote:

Well, it takes a lot more than just a regular ole' model to make a complete plane! A lot of flight dynamics, systems, and panel work, (not to mention the VC that microsoft puts in all their planes) go into one, and so that takes a lot more testing/design than they had time to do. It doesn't take nearly as much to set up an AI aircraft, which is probably why they went that route.

Forgive an old ignoramus - but are you suggesting that the MD-83 folder in question is supposed to be an AI aircraft?

Thanks'
Rick

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Definitly. I used Ultimate Traffic for so long that I don't remember what planes the default simulator used, but as i recall it was the regular jets included, all the GA's, and the md80. It's gotta keep the model somewhere!

Don't get me wrong though, I wish they had done an MD80 as well! I've flown on those more than any other plane on my trips to and from Chicago!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for that, OG - it's starting to make sense now.

I just went through the aircraft folder and we have alphabetically:

dh_dash8_100

md_83

pa28_180

None of those three include a panel.

Cheers'
Rick 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...