SearchSearch 

For all the PSS 777 pre-orders...

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Your wait is over! In an effort to balance quality and time, they're releasing to all the pre-ordered buyers an un-refined version of the 777. They corrected a few issues just a few hours before release, so they still need some time to test them, but you can still download the release.

Although as of 10:30 pm EST their downloads still havn't been re-uploaded (after a coding issue). I'm still glad I got the discounted price, but am pretty miffed that they compromised, therefore meaning the pre-orders get the un-finished version...

18 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Sounds like they are jerking their customers around. I'll wait for any 777 but theirs.

Pro Member Captain

So I just got the pre-release, and was able to download at 350kb/s the whole time. Great review of their server, now to see how the plane flies 😉

An initial review on the United forums said that the panel and exterior models are stunning, but that the VC is just iffy. I'll take it up for a test and let you all know in the morning. Best of luck guys!

Pro Member Captain

Well the first impressions came sooner than I expected 😉

So the first load up was just stunning. They did a SUPERB job with these panels! The VC is also excellent, giving good fluid movement, a great sense of depth (when set to .64 zoom), and a nice atmosphere, even on a computer like mine! The external model is absolutly stunning, and even if it seems like a ripoff I'm sure you guys are going to want to buy these paints from them 😉 All of this comes with nearly no cost to the FPS (that is until the multiple displays of the glass cockpit come to life, and your frame rates start moving in there =)

But sadly, this is technically a rough-draft, the real one soon to come within the week. As a result, the overhead panel is compelely un-clickable in the 2d and VC mode (except for a few switches controlling landing lights, strobes, and logo lights). I did find though that rotating the APU knob to on, back again to off in the VC mode (won't rotate in the 2d mode) will somehow magically activate all of the buttons and let you interact with every single one of them in 2d or VC mode. Well, that doens't sound like too hard a fix...

The FMC (CDU) is also apparently "dead" until you hit the menu key (at least I think that's the button I hit!).

A GREAT addition to this aircraft is how they implemented the "options menu." As opposed to the PMDG / LDS system of opening the menu bar, PSS included a separate screen just for that, providing you with setup information, checklists (and not even in the kneeboard, fully integrated!!), and several other options.

Also, I like that they have opening cargo doors, but pressing "d" (or whatever your door button is), opens up ALL of the 777's doors, on the left and right. So you sit at the gate with 8 doors wide open! I don't know of any airport to implement that gate configuration yet, but I wanna board at that place! 😉

The panel displays are okay, but I don't agree with their choice of fonts. A little hard to read at times. Mostly the complaints I have (aside from the HUGE overhead panel issue) are just nit-picking ones 😉 I'm flying a United 744 over to Beijing for UVA in the next few days, so I'll take the 777 back from there into Ohare and let you know how it fairs on a 14 hour flight!

By the way, there are no chairs for either the pilot or f/o in the VC 😉

Pro Member Trainee
plevys Trainee

I am flying this bird right now Dublin to Boston. To answer the first post here no one is getting ripped off. They had to upload it because they had announced a release date and took peoples money. It will be patched and soon. So what else is new?

This airplane is totally flyable as is and it is generally awesome. There are some bugs as already mentioned but all of them can be worked around. The VC is ugly IMO but I don't use them anyway so who cares? I don't like paying for paint either but that's their call we don't have to buy them if we don't want to.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I didn't state they were ripping anyone off, just jerking them around. Announcing a release date before the product is really ready, is not a good business practice. Come to think of it, taking money for pre-orders makes it appear that they are strapped for cash. Also, not a good business practice.

Pro Member Captain

By the way, for any of you having a button hang issue, it was a simple missing XML file from the download :

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=224&topic_id=2586&mode=full

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Crash Gordon just hates PSS .. Crying or Very sad Maybe it's cos they're one of the few developers that can kick the ass of the big US developers like PMDG and Flight 1 😉

(I'm just kidding with ya so don't get upset 😀 ).....

Ok, an update on the 777;

- PSS made it clear this was a 'preview' (as originalgrunge said, to look at Panel, read manual, etc).

- However, if you replace the missing XML file (theres now a link that puts it in the correct folder), and if you LOAD UP THE DEFAULT CESSNA 172 FIRST AND TURN ON BATTERY AND AVIONICS THEN CUT THE ENGINE...

.... you can then load up the 777 and almost all of the bugs are gone 😂

This is gonna eat the PMDG747 and Level D for breakfast when it's released.

(The proper release in a few days will have the above bugs removed so the steps will not be necessary. They are also making adjustments to the FDE to make the plane heavier).

David.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Crash Gordon just hates PSS .. Maybe it's cos they're one of the few developers that can kick the ass of the big US developers like PMDG and Flight 1

(I'm just kidding with ya so don't get upset ).....

A) I don't hate PSS.
B) I'm not upset.

Deadlines are hardly ever realistic, especially when set by "sales" types. It's also a great way to insure that a product goes out the door missing something or with its fly unzipped. 🙄

Truth be told, I would rather see the Boeings produced "here", and the Airbusses produced "there". 😉

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

What is the difference between this and the 777 that comes with the game anyway? Same question for the PMDG 747... I mean the game already has one!

Pro Member Chief Captain

It's the difference between a genuine Rolex and the fakes they try to sell by spam.

The appearance, the flight dynamics, gauges, etc., are so much closer to real. Also, good payware planes usually have features that don't exist in the default planes.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Really? So this plane is going to be better than Microsoft's 777? Surprised Does the installer replace MS's 777 or does it keep both of them?

Pro Member Captain

It keeps them both for sure. The differences between addons and the default aircraft, especially when made by feelthere, PSS, PMDG, etc. are just infinite! Just as Crash was saying, there's SO MUCH to flying these heavy aircraft that is left out of default aircraft that once you sink your teeth into a realistically modeled aircraft, there's no going back! I won't fly in a Heavy that doesn't have an FMC anymore. (FMC is the flight computer that manages the planes weights, speeds, flight plan, and many other aspects. Microsoft doesn't model this with their planes).

Just as an example, if you fly the default 747 it takes you about 5 minutes (2 if you're in a hurry) to get your clearance, set up your plane, push back, and start. In the PMDG 747, it takes me 30 minutes by the checklist to have the whole plane programmed, cleared, pushed back, and started!

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Ah okay, thanks for the info. I think I will look into upgrading MS's 747 and 777 in that case 😂

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

how is the plane on frames?

Pro Member Captain

Superb. The only real time I could find a lag was when I had the CDU and all the displays showing. That's a lot for any system, but they do provide a frame rate tuner! In just 2d though, and on the external model, I was getting better frames than the PMDG 747

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

What's CDU?

Pro Member Captain

I believe it's what the Europeans call the FMC. Hence, why Airbus planes have MCDU's and not FMC's! Oh well, when in Rome... 😉

Raptor_ms18 Guest

i am using pss777.when i press shift+E it opens all passenger doors but i can't open cargo doors not enen if 777-200LRF.it's the only problem that i have.i reinstall it many times but still doesn't work.
is there some setting for it or what.
please help me.