QUESTION FOR A FRIEND

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

My friend is having a problem with his FS2000 gaming experience. On Short finals, autopilot is automatically disengaged, autothrottle is automatically disengaged, (he doesn't fly by the book 🙄 ) and the aircraft is reduced to idle. What may be the cause for his problem. Again, please note this is FS2000. Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

hello friend,
i have been a pilot for 20 years.... please tell me what airplane your flying.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Boy good lord, it could be a number of things actually. When you think about it, Fs00 is like OLD as all hell...maybe just a glitch, could it possibly be that his PC is too new or something?

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I used to have a similar situation. It usually happened minutes after take-off. My landing gear and flaps would actuate at various times without input from me, and that's after I had just retracted them. I would retract both again and seconds later they would extend. With exceptions to Trim and Throttle, I removed all joystick assignments and those two problems finally disappeared - for good.

It seems movement in my joysyick in the course of just flying the plane was inadvertently causing the buttons to move just enough to initiate their assigned commands.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Thanks for your replies everyone. You see, he doesn't fly with a joystick. He prefers to stick with the keyboard, so that couldn't be the problem. He tells me his computer can barely run it. He's new to the country, and he's just running on anything he can find. Could it be that his computer is so weak it's causing these glitches? Again, thanks for all your help. I understand FS00 is old. He would get newer versions of FS, but it would require major system upgrades, and he can't afford them as of now.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...