SearchSearch 

It's too bad he gave up

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I tried downloading an a330 sound pack by Andre Silva created to immitate the Pratt and Whitney engine sounds you'd find on that particular aircraft. I installed it, but I had one question which I wasn't able to solve, so I opted to e-mail the creator, Andre Silva. After I tried to send the email, I received a delivary failiure status notification, which read as follows,

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at server2.simflight.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

Does anyone know of an alternate e-mail Andre Silva is operating on, or has he really just givin up support for his downloads. Anything you know would be greatly appreciate.

PS: The question I wanted to ask him, was whether I could activate the APU sounds without having to start the engines. I generally used to be able to get the sounds by holding Shift+M, the Master Battery switch, but it doesn't seem to work. Is there any key assignment I could alter that would activate those sounds without having to activate the engines? Help would be appreciated. Thanks!..(That was one long "PS" 😳 )

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I don't have that particular soundset so I can't help you with that. As regards your e-mail

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at server2.simflight.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

I've had the same message once but it seems to be an automated one. The words "I've given up..." are not the words of the person you were trying to contact. It just means that the account is temporarely inaccesible or has been closed.

Regards,
Rick

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I see 😕 . Well, do you know of any other way I can contact him? I don't think he'd just abandon all of his work so discreetly. It doesn't make sense. Also, if anyone's interested in trying out the sound pack to see what I mean, here is the link.. ➡

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=a330+Pratt+and+Whitney&CatID=fs2004snds&Go=Search

It's the first one. I think that if I can find away to alias a certain key sequence to one particular sound, I might be able to solve my concern. Thank you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Though I love the screaming sounds of jet engines, I'm no good at editing them and until you track down Andre Silva's current e-mail address, you might want to have a look at this ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9353/new-add-on-manager-friendly-interface/

Apparently this new little toy lets you "edit sounds" among other things.

Give it a try, regards,
Rick