SearchSearch 

FSBuild

Pro Member Trainee
TSK Trainee

Can someone send me FSBuild 1.4.x? It's freeware but I can't find it for download anymore. I tried the FSNAV demo, had a really hard time understanding it.

10 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If no one has it try posting in their forum.

http://www.fsbuild.com/forum/index.php

Radar

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

http://www.webalice.it/enotareschi/Fsbuild143.zip

Compliments of United Virtual's DCA domicile manager. (Not me 😀 )

Pro Member Trainee
TSK Trainee

I take it that is just the upgrade? I ran a search in google for the original and found it, then replaced its .exe with this one and it works. Thanks!

Pro Member Trainee
TSK Trainee

Now I need some help as to entering the information into FMC. I tried doing it, everything looked fine using LEGS > STEP but when it came to landing, well the autopilot did not begin descend so I had to do everything manually (which sadly did not work out). Can somebody write a tutorial on entering this into the FMC: from KSFO to KLAX. Thanks.

Pro Member Trainee
TSK Trainee

I though I'd be specific with a seperate problem. I used RouteFinder to get:

ID FREQ TRK DIST Coords Name/Remarks
KSFO 0 0 N37°37'08.30" W122°22'29.60" SAN FRANCISCO
WAGES 125 48 N36°59'27.72" W121°44'13.42" WAGES
FIM 112.5 123 211 N34°21'24.10" W118°52'52.65" FILLMORE
KLAX 122 34 N33°56'33.13" W118°24'29.07" LOS ANGELES

KSFO (0.0nm) -PORTE3B-> WAGES (48.5nm) -DCT-> FIM (259.2nm) -LEENA4->
KLAX (293.4nm)

So I open up FMC and in RTE try to type in DCT on the left side and then FIM on the right. When I type in DCT on the left, it gives me an error "NOT IN DATABASE", tried a different route and same thing... Don't understand why I get that, I tried updating SIDs/STARs; no luck.

Edit: As an update, I am pretty sure I have SIDs/STARs and AIRAC setup correctly.

Pro Member Captain

You only need to enter jetways on the left hand side of the route page. The default path between two points is direct, so if that's all you want just enter the waypoints sequentially down the right side. But, if you want say ABC J29 XYZ as your routing (which utilizes the J29 jetway), you'd enter:

----- ABC <
----- -----

then

----- ABC
> J29 -----

then

------ ABC
J29 XYZ <

To get something direct you only need to do

----- ABC <
----- -----

then

----- ABC
DIRECT XYZ <

And the direct will show up on its own.

For entering SIDs and STARs, I generally go to to the "Dep/Arr" page, and select them from there. If there is none listed for an airport, then turn to www.myairplane.com, find the SID/STAR chart, and enter the waypoints manually. The restrictions (which you can program on the LEGS page), can then be set up to tell your plane when to start descent.

Don't forget, if you want your plane to run the full VNav for you (including descent), you should be sure to set the altitude on the MCP to match the restrictions in the FMC. For instance, if you're coming to the top of the descent, and your STAR has the next altitude requirement of 10,000 feet, set the MCP to 10,000 feet.

Hope this helps a little!

Pro Member Trainee
TSK Trainee

That did not help me much. You said when I want to say ABC J29 XYZ, I don't see when it says that... or anything like that. I need you to use my data to provide specific examples, and not choose random things.

Did you mean like WAGES DCT FIM? I get how to do direct, I don't get how to change the "path." For example DCT and FIM. When I enter FIM on the right side and try to enter DCT on the left, it says NOT IN DATABASE for DCT, I don't get why it isn't there... am I doing it wrong or is it just missing, or what?. Thanks for the help.

Pro Member Captain

It's because DCT isn't a VOR, it's "Direct To" - just a faster way to say it. Hence why I mentioned going direct in my listing there. Sorry for missing that definition!

Pro Member Trainee
TSK Trainee

Ah, thanks! Now the problem is that it gives me some very strange landings 😳. Marks the landing in the middle of the runway after near impossible turns right before landing (tried changing runways, still very strange). Can't figure out why...

The good news is that I have been able to land manually seven times in a row.

Pro Member Captain

Great job! 😀

Yeah, the auto land on some of the complex aircraft isn't the easiest to figure out, but one of the tutorials will make sense eventually! It always takes that one that's worded just right!