SearchSearch 

Can you change how aircraft are arranged?

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

I have installed several payware add-on planes for FS2004 and I'm wondering if there is anyway to change how they are listed by the game when you go into the "select aircraft" menu. When you sort by manufacturer, the 767 is under "Level D Simulations" (the manufacturer), whereas I would like it to be under "Boeing" with the other Boeing jets. Similarly, my 727-100 is listed under the manufacturer "Captain Sim", where again I would like to have it listed under "Boeing".

Is there anyway to do this? Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

13 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

JTH wrote:

I have installed several payware add-on planes for FS2004 and I'm wondering if there is anyway to change how they are listed by the game when you go into the "select aircraft" menu. When you sort by manufacturer, the 767 is under "Level D Simulations" (the manufacturer), whereas I would like it to be under "Boeing" with the other Boeing jets. Similarly, my 727-100 is listed under the manufacturer "Captain Sim", where again I would like to have it listed under "Boeing".

Is there anyway to do this? Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

You can do it with freeware by editing the cfg file. As for payware I really don't know, theoretically it should be possible - but I would only go one step at a time and check and doublecheck and make double backups of everything.

It's all done in the aircraft .cfg - hope that helps

😀

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Payware, Freeware both can be changed in cfg. Good idea to make a backup copy of the origional just incase. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Okay thanks a lot, I will try that 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Yup, that worked a treat. Would anyone care to put togethere a few nice lines for the 707, 727 and 767 that I'd enter in the "description" panel instead of "Copyright Captain Sim" or whatever? You know something like "In 1954, Boeing raised the gauntlet again with the launch of the landmark 727. XXX feet long and weighing in at XXX kg, the 727 set new standards in speed, comfort and reliablilty..." you know something along those lines.

Thanks 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

JTH wrote:

Yup, that worked a treat. Would anyone care to put togethere a few nice lines for the 707, 727 and 767 that I'd enter in the "description" panel instead of "Copyright Captain Sim" or whatever? You know something like "In 1954, Boeing raised the gauntlet again with the launch of the landmark 727. XXX feet long and weighing in at XXX kg, the 727 set new standards in speed, comfort and reliablilty..." you know something along those lines.

Thanks 🙂

I'd better word this very carefully - don't wanna get myself into trouble. You appear to be a thorough person, therefore you would have noticed that there are not too many poets around here - I doubt that your wait for voluntary services in this department will be a short one.
The only thing I can do is tell you what I would do. I would opt for a two pronged attack.

I would visit avsim and look up the a/c in question, do a zip dive and check out the readme files. As I don't know whether those are protected by copyright, I would just intersperse what I find with my own words. NOTHING is 100% original.

As an alternative or an extra I would make ample use of one of the best no-nonsense free sources of knowledge on the net ➡

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_707

I do hope this helps 😉
Rick

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

JTH wrote:

I have installed several payware add-on planes for FS2004 and I'm wondering if there is anyway to change how they are listed by the game when you go into the "select aircraft" menu. When you sort by manufacturer, the 767 is under "Level D Simulations" (the manufacturer), whereas I would like it to be under "Boeing" with the other Boeing jets. Similarly, my 727-100 is listed under the manufacturer "Captain Sim", where again I would like to have it listed under "Boeing".

Is there anyway to do this? Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

I think all you need to do is open up the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft- -- Under the [fltsim.] section, there should be a part that says
ui manufacturer=Level D Simulations - Just change that to Boeing and it should do the trick.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

JTH wrote:
Yup, that worked a treat.

think all you need to do is open up the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft- -- Under the [fltsim.] section, there should be a part that says
ui manufacturer=Level D Simulations - Just change that to Boeing and it should do the trick.

The way I read it, he's already figured it out Hack

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Sorry Embarassed - I got a little sidetracked while reading the posts - I must have missed it - Thanks for the heads up 😉

Guest

Thank you, I might be able to condense Wikopedia's information into something useful 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Whoops, forgot to login. That's me above ^^^

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Also, who manufacturers the C-130? It was Howard Hughes who designed it wasn't it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

JTH wrote:

Also, who manufacturers the C-130? It was Howard Hughes who designed it wasn't it?

The C-130 is manufactured by Lockheed. HH was involved with the "Connie"" if my memory serves me well Read

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

In particular, Hughes helped specify the design of the Lockheed Constellation, with its pressurized cabin, buying several planes for TWA in order to be able to fly high altitude (20,000 ft) long distance routes above the turbulence of low altitude weather. The airline would grow significantly under his leadership.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_hughes#Aviator_and_engineer

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions