This has got to stop

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I realize that for a while now, I've been asking alot of questions, but thats only because I can't find their answers. I apologize for seeming like I'm taking advantage of others on this site by taking their knowledge and seemingly refusing to return my knowldege. I try my best to help others out here, but I feel like I haven't been living up to the fact that this is a give and take situation, however I try my best to return the favor of aid to others who take time out to help me. If you feel otherwise I apologize. (Nice to get that off of my chest 🙄 )

With that said, some of you may remember a previous topic I started regarding stalling immediately after departure. I posted a few screenshots aswell, if that helps jog your memory any. Well, flying the a330-300 from Posky, with an FDE installed didn't help. I just sat for about 1 hour planning a long haul trip from Detroit Metro to Amsterdam in NWA a330-300, and I was all excited rolling down the runnway, but then.....disaster struck. I rotated relatively slowly, however I kept in mind that I was really pushing my limits with r/w space, so I couldn't relax while getting off of the ground. As I reached about 10 degrees, the aircraft pulled up very suddenly, and.....I stalled again Crying or Very sad . Does anyone know why this keeps happening. I was trimmied at -1.4 with 80% fuel, flaps at 8 degrees, rotation at 151 knots. It doesn't make sense to me. I wish I could record a few videos from the cockpit view and spot view so you could see what I mean, but I'm not that educated Embarassed . If, however, you would find it useful for me to do so, just say the word, but unfortunately, you'd have to go through the pain of trying to teach me how 😕 . I used to think that maybe I was rotating a little too fast, and it was causing a tail strike, which in turn caused the fly-by-wire system to try and overcome the effects of a loss of climb. It would then rotate faster and higher than normal to avoid a crash, but I was proved wrong after watching a replay and noticing no signs of tail strike. Again, I apologize for asking this question over and over again, but all I want is to finish this flight to fulfill my dream of crossing the atlantic without pausing, like the good old days 😉 . Thanks for your help.

Answers 23 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'd suggest you try a default a/c. I enjoy flying the Posky's but they have more realistic flight characteristics which can make things awkward if your lacking practice.

It will make a difference 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Dear friend Crosscheck

I must let you know that you must never apologise of putting questions ,not only about flying simulation, but for anything...

Questions are always welcome and answers isnt a favor from those that they give...its only kindly suggestions and knowledge sharing between people who hasnt anything to seperate between them.

Anyone who takes a question as a check about the person who asks has serious personal and psychological problems...so ignore him.

Never be afraid of asking about anything and never apologise about nothing.We all know what kind of person are you and i must repeat for one more time that we appreciate your big offer as a member(and not)
of this site....Much much bigger than mine which ,i have to admit that my simming skills are very small Embarassed ..although i try to improve them...as the time gives me the chance...Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

P.S.Sorry for my bad english Embarassed ...but i have to test a good wine a friend has the kindnes to offer me....And i have learn that never must ignore such kind of offers....But we never stop to the first bottle... 😉 The thing i havent learn yet is not to try write in English after drinking.... 😉

🍻

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

crosscheck9 wrote:

I was really pushing my limits with r/w space.... I was trimmied at -1.4 with 80% fuel, flaps at 8 degrees, rotation at 151 knots. It doesn't make sense to me.

I am not familiar with the Airbus, but wouldn't you do better rotating with your flaps set in the 20° range and trim in a somewhat positive position?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Airbus' flaps are different from Boeing's or another manufacturer. They go like this:

1+F ➡ Slats down.
2 ➡ First degree of flap down.
3 ➡ Second degree of flap down.
Full ➡ Full flaps

The Ken Mitchell Airbus panel have different flaps degrees. There's a patch that fixes that, but it was causing some problems with my sim.

The trim for every Airbus aircraft has to be set negatively before takeoff.

Now Crosscheck, this is a strange problem. That never happened to me. Was the NWA A330-300 a full package again?

Don't worry about returning favors. I like to help people. I'd like to see that you can enjoy your flight with an Airbus without any problems.
I'll do my best to solve your problem. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Don't worry about returning favors. I like to help people. I'd like to see that you can enjoy your flight with an Airbus without any problems.

See this dear Crosscheck???

Agus is definetely one of the guys thats doesnt have this kind of personal problems i reffer to...His one of the greatests too... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry guys, I'm not trying to go OT - just trying to avoid a medical emegency

...but i have to test a good wine a friend has the kindnes to offer me....And i have learn that never must ignore such kind of offers....But we never stop to the first bottle... 🍻

Greekman my friend, take it easy now... I can see a terrible hangover coming on - besides, you shouldn't be drinking in the office ❗ Wall Bashing

Yassou 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

looool

Its almost Sunday morning here my frined Tailhook...to be precise its 02:45 of Sunday 6 Oct so im not in my office....And please dont worry...Greek wines never get you in a strong hangover...They are pure and great... 😉 I think you know it... 😉

Anyway thanks for your care and sorry from Crosscheck of turning his serious post to an off topic... Embarassed

Γεια σου κι εσενα.... 😀
(Yassou you too)

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Agus0404 wrote:

See this dear Crosscheck???

Agus is definetely one of the guys thats doesnt have this kind of personal problems i reffer to...His one of the greatests too... 😉

Thanks for the kind words, Greekman 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

...to be precise its 02:45 of Sunday 6 Oct so...

Greekman

I still have my doubts - what's the year at the moment Read Blink

Last edited by Tailhook on Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Its only the truth Agus...nothing more... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

...to be precise its 02:45 of Sunday 6 Oct so...

I still have my doubts - what's the year at the moment Read Blink

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Difficult question...Can i have three chances??? 😉 😉 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hehe, thanks 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

That does it. I'm going out to get a bottle of Greek wine. 🍻

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well about the topic. In the Posky A340, you need the flaps at the thrid setting for takeoff. Maybe thats the same for the Posky A330.

P.S. Crosscheck. I feel for you when you sit the preparing for a wonderful flight then you get to a certain part and it al goes bad.

Pro Member Captain

Thanks for all of your replies everyone. I feel better now 👍 . Regarding the flight charecteristics of the airbus, well, how different could they be. There's also the idea of fly-by-wire which would generally get me out of any sort of stall, however, I don't know if fly-by-wire is implemented into these aircraft.

Now Crosscheck, this is a strange problem. That never happened to me. Was the NWA A330-300 a full package again?

To get this aircraft, I downloaded the base package from Posky, the FDE required for it, and the a330-300 is NWA livery. I had to do some tweaking to one .cfg file though. This problem doesn't happen all the time though. Just on some days. All this helps is greatly appreciated 😉 THANK YOU!

Pro Member Chief Captain

What did you tweak in your .cfg file?

I do the same when I want to install an Airbus aircraft, or other aircraft. But I don't do any tweak if the ReadMe doesn't specify it.

Jared, you don't always need the flaps at the third setting. It depends on weight and fuel. If you are fully loaded, I'll recommend the second setting, which would be Flaps 2.

Pro Member Captain

Well, when downloading the base package, you get three versions of the -300 series. There's PW, GE and the Trent 772 type; as you know, these are all different types of engines. In the NWA liveries [fltsim.] section, it specifies that the aircraft model is GE, (or Trent, not too sure). I had to change it to pwSAT in order to get the aircraft to work. It was an error made by the designer of the aircraft. It's easy to fix once proper directions are given though. Thank you 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Really? 😕

I've never done that. When I download a POSKY aircraft, I just install it normally and that's it. It works great without the need to tweaking.

Pro Member Captain

I think it must have been an easy mistake by the designer just with the Posky a333 NWA. If you do opt to download it, let me know what it says under model. Unless it refers to it as being Pratt and Whitney, it requires tweaking.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

Well, when downloading the base package, you get three versions of the -300 series. There's PW, GE and the Trent 772 type; as you know, these are all different types of engines. In the NWA liveries [fltsim.] section, it specifies that the aircraft model is GE, (or Trent, not too sure). I had to change it to pwSAT in order to get the aircraft to work. It was an error made by the designer of the aircraft. It's easy to fix once proper directions are given though. Thank you 😀

It really is a tricky one. Posky have released an FDE upgrade package which applies to all of the above mentioned models. If you can figure out how to follow those instructions, then you are a step ahead of me, I'm still working on it. Have a look at the aircraft.cfg and then try to just add a new texture... the mind boggles.
The alternative of course is to download a file that includes the model and just alias the panel and sound. I assume that's what Agus has been doing.

Keep it up, boys
Rick

Pro Member Captain

If you just opt to follow instructions as given, you'll find that the sim will refuse to load the aircraft, even with the latest FDE installed. It's a simple mistake, but often difficult to resolve 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

If you just opt to follow instructions as given, you'll find that the sim will refuse to load the aircraft, even with the latest FDE installed. It's a simple mistake, but often difficult to resolve 😉

Well I was actually talking about just adding an infinite number of different textures in order to safe HDD space. In order to do that, you always have to edit the cfg. Its easy when you have only one model in the cfg, but when you have three models instead in the same cfg, things get a bit crowded and confusing. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

The alternative of course is to download a file that includes the model and just alias the panel and sound. I assume that's what Agus has been doing.

Not really...

When I download a panel or a sound I install it without aliasing anything. To install the panel I put all the gauges (if needed) in the main gauges folder. Then I put all the sounds in the main sound folder. And finally I put all the files inside the panel folder to the aircraft's panel folder. Sometimes I delete the aircraft's panel folder and copy the panel folder from the download.

I do the same when installing sounds.

Crosscheck, I'll download the NWA A330 from POSKY later and let you know how I did.[/quote]

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...