SearchSearch 

Downloading aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
earlthepearl Trainee

I am a Commercial Pilot with an Instrument Rating but I would never claim to be a computer guru. I practice a lot on FS2004 and only just discovered this site (I subcribed). In downloading my first file I guess I got lucky with the Super Decathalon (I learned aerobatics in this plane). It had a "run" or "load" button (I don't remember) and it put it in the FS2004 Aircraft Directory and I found it there after loading FS2004 and I flew it. It works fine. However, all other aircraft I've downloaded don't offer a "run" button. I've manually unzipped the files and put them in the aircraft folder but they are not listed when I look for them in FS2004. Any suggestions?

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

earlthepearl wrote:

I am a Commercial Pilot with an Instrument Rating but I would never claim to be a computer guru. I practice a lot on FS2004 and only just discovered this site (I subcribed). In downloading my first file I guess I got lucky with the Super Decathalon (I learned aerobatics in this plane). It had a "run" or "load" button (I don't remember) and it put it in the FS2004 Aircraft Directory and I found it there after loading FS2004 and I flew it. It works fine. However, all other aircraft I've downloaded don't offer a "run" button. I've manually unzipped the files and put them in the aircraft folder but they are not listed when I look for them in FS2004. Any suggestions?

Plenty!!

In a few minutes you'll be swamped with links to installation manuals. Those will work for some - for many they don't.

One suggestion from me which will ALWAYS apply:

When you have a problem regarding one of your downloads, ALWAYS state the EXACT file name and the site (using URL if you can) where you downloaded from.

Welcome,
Rick 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As the man said, tell us what you tried to install so one of us can try it.
Look under the manufacturers name also, it may be there, and welcome to the site!
How to install aircraft https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

❓ Where and what is the aircraft folder? ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

earthqu8kes wrote:

❓ Where and what is the aircraft folder? ❓

Do you know how to use windows explorer?

Pro Member First Officer

😞 no im kinda new 2 this

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is how you get to the main (root) folder.

My Computer is an icon on your desktop, double click on it.
Inside your main drive icon is "C".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder "Program Files".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder marked "Microsoft Games".
Double click on that.
Now you have a folder Flight Simulator.
Double click on that.
Laid out are all the simulator folders.
Follow the read-me that came with the aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

thanks so much 4 all your help 😀