Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

What did my cat do to Internet Explorer?

Guest Ed Guest

A few days ago, I was sitting at the computer, cruising around the Web, and one of our cats jumped up in my lap. So I was petting him, and he started getting all affectionate, and he was rubbing his chin on the corner of the desk. Then he got a little carried away and rubbed his chin on the keyboard, and instantly all the fonts on the screen got larger, like 24 point font.

Weird thing is, it's not every Web page, but just certain ones, and not all the characters on the page, just the topic names and links. This page (FlyAway forums) appears that way, and my home page (Earthlink), and one of the bass guitar pages I visit, but not others.

How on earth could a cat do that with his chin? I swear, that little bastidge is laughing at me every time he strolls through the room and sees me scrolling through all the "Preferences" and "Options" pages on the entire freaking computer. What did he do, and how did he do it?

For what it's worth, I'm using IE 6.0 and Win XP SP2. And the little fur-bearing varmint was rubbing his chin on the lower left part of the keyboard, near the ctrl, shift, and "Windows" keys.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ed

PS, I have tried striking random keys with my chin, but no luck yet. Laughing

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I think this happened to me once (just without the cat). The solution is literally hidden in the open. Just go to "View" and "Text Size." It took me TWO weeks to figure that one out!

Guest Ed Guest

By god, you're right! Old Thumper must have leaned on alt, V, X, and G in sequence. They're all in the left side of the keyboard, and that opens the "View" drop-down, selects Text, and Largest. Brilliant!

Originalgrunge, you're smarter than the average cat! Wink

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

Another way to decrease/increase fonts is by holding down the Ctrl button and then scrolling up/down with the mouse wheel.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

Another way to decrease/increase fonts is by holding down the Ctrl button and then scrolling up/down with the mouse wheel.

You must be using Firefox?

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

hei, hei , hei,
This is off topic. Mr. Guest...please use the off topic forum next time.
Mr. Tailhook and Mr. jarred_01 am I wrong?

Confused Confused Shocked Shocked

Ps: I am not trying to be impolite.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

makonnenl wrote:

hei, hei , hei,

I am too old and too scarred (NO, not SCARED) to get involved in arguments.

Sorry Devil

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Since it has to do with a computers problem(big fonts problem)can be placed here too...The part which refers to the cause of this problem is needed in order to understand how it happens.The fact that a cat is the trouble maker gives a litle fun to this.Not neccecary off-topic except if the question was about, how this animal learn to resize the fonts... Wink Wink Wink

This is only my opinion of course and i make clear that it is in a full friendly mode... Very Happy Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Ohhh and something more...The Guest isnt a simple Guest...Is Guest Ed and he is one of the most exceptional guests. Exclamation

Continue in friendly mode. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

jarred_01 wrote:

You must be using Firefox?

that works in internet explorer too i think, or it might be Alt + scrolly wheel magic

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

This is off topic. Mr. Guest

That is Mr. Ed to you..He is special... Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

I think he was just trying to be polite Shocked ...whoa guys - ease up.

Guest Ed Guest

The ctrl-mousewheel does work in IE6, too, so that may have been what happened to my fonts. I learn something new every day, if I bother to get out of bed.

Yes, it is off topic. I just thought I could sneak it in here and get an answer much sooner than if I put it on one of the less-visited pages. And it thought it might be a pleasant diversion from the constant questions about how to land a jet on autopilot (without first learning how to fly a Cessna). Wink

But thank you to all who came to my defense: I feel the luv! Embarassed

Anyhow, Thumper knows I'm onto him now, so he'll have to watch his furry little butt. Laughing

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

makonnenl wrote:

hei, hei , hei,

Guest Ed is a regular here, and a worthy addition to the forum. Not all forums are available to guests, if I recall correctly. That might limit where he could post.

Besides, if it was about something that impacted his ability to view this site, I'd be inclined to cut him some slack.

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

I apologize...... Embarassed Embarassed Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No need to apologize my friend. Very Happy
We dont post here in order to make you apologise..We share our thoughts just like you.There is no results about winners and loosers and there is no point of making you feel apologized because the reason that you post your opinion was for the sites good,and this is a honor for you.

So continue share open and unfaer your opinion for everything even you think that maybe its extreme or not.

The only rule ,for all of us,is to remain decent and kind between us(and you are both of them Exclamation ) in order a discussion continues and finally get some results.

Friendly to you.
Wink