Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

the planes going down and your all gonna die..what do you do

Your in a plane thats falling from cruise altitude - There isn't much time - do you...
Take full control of the aircraft, and do whatever you can to save the souls on board
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
Try to find someone else to pilot the aircraft and help him in his attempt to try and save the aircraft...
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Strap your seatbelt tightly, make sure your tray table is stowed, seat back set upright, and brace for possible death
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 18

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

Just thought this would be an interesting statistical survey 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

First choice for me...I would always see me name writing with ig fonts in the newspapers as the hero of the day... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I voted for the first option.

In aviation, safety is your main concern...

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

First choice for me...I would always see me name writing with ig fonts in the newspapers as the hero of the day... 😉

Very True - I can just imagine myself on the cover over the Times 😂 Who said you have to be old to fly big aircraft 😛 -

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Great new Avatar dear Crosscheck. ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks Greekman 😀 Glad you like it 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First option, then call FEM for help! Help!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Yep, first choice. If we're all going to die, I might as well have fun. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

First option, then call FEM for help!

Nice...however what will you do if i'm out eating chinese? 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

I put the second option, maybe there could be a passenger pilot onboard. But then again, I probably have a better chance that most general passenger on board of piloting the beast, not many would even be able to find the throttles or landing gear controls to. 😂

Hey have we all seen the movie 'Airplane'? Quite an old movie I think, but one of the most humorous I have seen!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

First option, then call FEM for help!

Nice...however what will you do if i'm out eating chinese? 😉

We will pass through this restaurant to take you... Wacko

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

jarred_01 wrote:

Hey have we all seen the movie 'Airplane'? Quite an old movie I think, but one of the most humorous I have seen!!

Yep!! Thats a very funny movie.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Especially "Otto", the autopilot. 😂

I would take control of the plane and ask my self, " How can I fix this situation that I have here?" .

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I would take control of the plane and ask my self, " How can I fix this situation that I have here?" .

I forgot to log in again 😂

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

How would you know that the cockpit crew were incapacitated (which is what I assume you are suggesting) unless a cabin announcment was made?? The sad ending of the 737 in the Med - where an attempt was made by a trainee pilot to take over - shows that it does n't happen the way it did in "Airplane" the movie. I suppose some of you know enough about comms and AP etc and 'piloting' to get a plane on the ground with a chase plane talking you down but I would n't like to experience it!
Being in a Gulf Air Tristar that fragmented its no 2 (centre) engine and seeing the faces of the crew after fortunately we landed in one piece is as close as I want to go. I did n't dash for the cockpit at the "bang" and judder as the engine let go!.
Question - with cockpits now locked from the 'inside' as an anti hi-jack measure does someone have access from the cabin side anyway?? Surely this defeats the idea if the "key carrier" was put under duress and forced to open up??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I would do step 2 followed by step 1 if no one was available..

Then i would radio for large portions of help with a side order of luck

Oh, and hit F10, bring up the knee board and post in the in flight forum asking for advice, of course.