Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Gauges, etc

Pro Member Trainee
gavhizzett Trainee

Hi there, I'm not just new to the site but also flight sim 2002. I'm now congratulating myself for getting this far, however after managing to download a DHC Otter into the program I noticed that some of the gauges were missing from the dashboard. Is it me? Of course it's me, Can anybody tell me how to retrieve the rest of the gauges, please.
Gav 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try moving the contents of the downloaded gauge folder to the main gauge folder.

That should work.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
gavhizzett Trainee

Cheers for that radarman, I will have another look and get back to you.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I have had the same problem with some downloads. I have one right now I will have to add gauges to, they didn't come with the download and not all the gauges are default gauges. Hopefully all you need to do is put the gauges from the download into the gauge folder, if that doesn't fix it the only thing that can be done is to modify the cfg. file with gauges from the gauge folder.

Pro Member Trainee
gavhizzett Trainee

Hi there Warhawk 42, Everything you said sounds good however I can't find an emoticon to denote how much I didn't understand a thing you said!
What is a cfg. file? I looked for a gauge folder as radarman instructed but to no avail! It would seem I am destined to crash Cessnas for a while longer.
Cheers, Gav

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

gavhizzett wrote:

Hi there Warhawk 42, Everything you said sounds good however I can't find an emoticon to denote how much I didn't understand a thing you said!
What is a cfg. file? I looked for a gauge folder as radarman instructed but to no avail! It would seem I am destined to crash Cessnas for a while longer.
Cheers, Gav

When you downloaded and installed the aircraft into your aircraft folder did that download have a gauge folder in it? Most do and if it did move that folder from the aircraft folder to the program gauge folder. You found the aircraft folder to install the plane, just scan on down until you find the gauge folder.

As far as the .cfg file goes if you don't know what it is it would be better if you didn't attempt to modify it.

Pro Member Trainee
gavhizzett Trainee

Hi there Warhawk 42, Sorry to be such a thicko, but I don't see a gauge folder in the downloaded folder. There are 4 folders, Model, Sound, Panel and Texture.There is a 9kb cfg. file and a 15kb AIR. file but if I click the last two my computer does not recognise what they are.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 1st make sure you have d/loaded a fs2002 aircraft(most 2002 planes are compatable with 2004,but not the otherway around)

Ive just d/loaded the 3rd on down ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/66/fs2004-propeller-aircraft/60/

And it uses the Kingair gauges which you should have by default

I no longer have 2002 on my H/D so cannot test

Hope it helps 😉

Copy and paste the panel config in the forum

Oops! I forgot,open the panel config with notepad(when windows tells you it cant recognise the file type,select choose a program to open and select notepad)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

Ive just d/loaded the 3rd on down ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/66/fs2004-propeller-aircraft/60/

I need a lesson here too Fear That link takes me to FS2004 Propeller Aircraft and the third one down is a 182S Cessna for fs9.-- Am I bungling again??

Nobody has mentioned the readme file - is there one? 🤔

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Doh! Oops!
Try this link for DHC-6 , Twin Otter , Air Malaysia ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/88/fs2002/

Oh, and its now the 4th one down Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Okay, downloaded and installed DH-6,Twin Otter,Air Malaysia.

And it uses the Kingair gauges which you should have by default

I think this is where the problem lies hidden. I don't have the Professional version of FS2002 ergo I do not have the Kingair gauges.
If gavhizzett uses my version of FS2002 😳 no gauges.

The Cessna gauges show up of course, additional ones can be retrieved by using Shift+ 2, but no Kingair gauges.

The download itself does neither include a gauges folder nor a readme file.

gavhizzett if you read this and are still after a DH-6 Twotter, you might want to have a look at these ➡ http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=project+globe+twotter&CatID=fs2002ac&Go=Search

Good luck,
Rick 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
gavhizzett Trainee

Thanks for that Tailhook. Will look at the sites tomorrow when I have time. Does this mean we need to upgrade to FS2002 Pro to use this site?
Gav

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I will see if I can pick off the kingair gauges and set up a link Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

gavhizzett wrote:

Thanks for that Tailhook. Will look at the sites tomorrow when I have time. Does this mean we need to upgrade to FS2002 Pro to use this site?
Gav

No gavhizzett, you don't have to upgrade to FS2002 Pro. Most freeware a/c will work in both versions of FS2k2. Some, however were designed especially with the "Pro" version in mind and therefore won't work properly or not at all in the "Standard" version.
To avoid disappointment, make sure to read the file description prior to download, sometimes it states "for FS2002 Pro only". Some sites, like http://avsim.com/ let you do a ZipDive! which can be very handy in our case because this function lets you peek inside the .zip file before you download i.e. you can have a look at the readme file or other notes.txt files. In most, but not all cases here you'll find out whether the aircraft you are about to download will work with your version of FS2k2.

Unfortunately, depending on the author, sometimes you cannot access this information and you only find out the bad news after you have downloaded and unpacked/unzipped the file. Those cases are rare, however.

When you install aircraft which you've downloaded, be sure to only install one at a time and testfly the new a/c thoroughly. This way troubleshooting is easier in case of problems. If the "How to install..." by the author of the a/c doesn't make any sense, try to familiarize yourself with this :

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Any more questions/problems, just ask. Regards,
Rick 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ok Ive looked through and found these mentioned as kingair gauges

I cant seem to install fs8???? Dont know why,but can browse and pick off bits from the disk 😕
Ive zipped them but XP should be able to open them ➡

Hope it woks out

Pro Member Trainee
gavhizzett Trainee

Cheers Tomthetank/Tailhook for your patience, I will have a go at that at the w/end when time permits. 🍻