Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Cant add emoticons

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Ive just discovered that i cant add emoticons to my posts, theres some sort java problem, also i cant open my hotmail links either, anyone got any ideas on the problem, its driving me nuts!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What browser are you using and do you get the updates for it when they come out.

If you are using IE be sure that you don't have a check in the "Disable Smilies in this post" box when you post.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

thanks radarman, but that doesnt seem to be the problem, im wondering if its somthing ive done using spyware cleaners etc as my hotmail messages wont open either.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It sounds like some type of cleaner that you ran caused this, or it's just spyware and needs to be cleaned.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Since this is an Emoticons topic i would like to ask about a problem i notice to my homes computer.Im using Windows XP Proffesional(sp2) and the only change i have done recently in software was to install Office2003.

When i try to add an emoticon it didnt place to where i put the cursor but always it goes to the last line i use.I mean that if i want to add some emoticons after finished my post all of them are going to the end of the last line and i have to cut and paste them to where i like to put them.
I havent this problem in yahoo or msn or in my e-mails.
I admit that i havent search this problem yet but i hope that someone has face it up and help me.

Thanks in advance for your replies. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Same here. XP SP2, Office 2003. Before I write a post, I have to compose it because of the emoticons. I cannot insert emoticons, if I want to place one at a previous sentence for example, I have to delete and start over again. (That's why it takes me 37 1/2 mins to send one post.)

Further, if I want to use a spellchecker, I can't use emoticons. If I want to use emoticons, I can't use a spellchecker.
But all in all, no problem - really. I have one pair of glasses for my monitor, another pair of glasses for reading other matter plus a magnifying glass for when I have to consult my dictionary Shocked Shocked

Lifes a blast Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Same here. XP SP2, Office 2003. Before I write a post, I have to compose it because of the emoticons. I cannot insert emoticons, if I want to place one at a previous sentence for example, I have to delete and start over again. (That's why it takes me 37 1/2 mins to send one post.)

Further, if I want to use a spellchecker, I can't use emoticons. If I want to use emoticons, I can't use a spellchecker.
But all in all, no problem - really. I have one pair of glasses for my monitor, another pair of glasses for reading other matter plus a magnifying glass for when I have to consult my dictionary Shocked Shocked

Lifes a blast Group Wave

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL