Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Why can't I print hard copy from fs9.1?

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Running fs2004, when there is an option to print, say a Nav-Log, my printer refuses to co-operate.

Printer is an Epson 1290s, all latest driver updates, and works perfectly when I'm doing digi-photo prints.

Has anyone had this problem, or am I the ???? lucky one? 😂 😂

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

When you try to print your navlog or whatever does FS 'freeze' or is it simply that the printer will not respond??

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

There another topic about this on here somewhere but not to sure. I would expect Radar to post it when he arrives

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try method 2. It worked for Michlin.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;894504

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Sorry to go off topic here, but radarman, let me tell you, I've been coming on this website on and off about every two hours, and it seems like you never sleep. I've been here for 14 hours on and off now, and honestly, it seems like you've been with me the whole time 😳 . I guess I did't have much to do today, but I admire your patience. Whew!...all this, and all you do is answer questions. I've yet to see you ask a questions, besides your first post a flyaway! The people at microsoft need you man! 😂 Thanks for everything sir 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

Sorry to go off topic here, but radarman, let me tell you, I've been coming on this website on and off about every two hours, and it seems like you never sleep. I've been here for 14 hours on and off now, and honestly, it seems like you've been with me the whole time 😳 . I guess I did't have much to do today, but I admire your patience. Whew!...all this, and all you do is answer questions. I've yet to see you ask a questions, besides your first post a flyaway! The people at microsoft need you man! 😂 Thanks for everything sir 😀

😁 Although on opposite sides of the world our time-zones must jell somewhere. yes I do Sleep when I like.

As for the other, your very kind, thank you, I enjoy what I'm doing...most of the time. 🙄

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Okay, answer to verygom is nothing happens, no lock up, fs keeps working, but no printout.

And to RadarMan, who never sleeps, I guess your suggestion will be the cure, which I don't like, as I don't use IE very often, and certainly the idea of it being the default brouser, sends shudders, yuk!

But will give it a go, and will have to take the proverbial spoonfull of sugar, 😂 😂 😂

I don't know why, but this Forum must set the best standard, my opinion, for all Forums that I visit and belong to. Responses here to queries are so fast and helpful, well my flabber is ghasted. 😂 😂

Thanks to all, a blurry marvellous crowd you all are.

Cheers All....

Pro Member First Officer

Your problem different to one I had - You were burning the 'midnight oil' were n't you? Sleep Sleep I trust RM helped you get it sorted. Having been visiting FAS for a few months now I endorse your comments on how the forum(s) operate.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Seldom climb the wooden hill before 0100hrs. verygom. Suppose its the fresh mountain air here in the Lincs. highlands. 😂 😂

Being one of the growing band of retirees, time has become mostly irrevalent. Looking at that sunshine outside, think I'll get the ole' Tiger Moth out the hangar, nothing like the fresh air blowing through my curls, 😂 😂 , dreaming again. 😂 😂

Must try RMs suggestion later. If it works, which I expect it will, I'll report back.

Cheers.

PS..........Don't eat too many of those Mersea Oysters........... 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Have you added the official MS fix Oops! Update ➡

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/downloads.asp

There was an issue where if you passed a checkride, you get a certifcate to print but nothing happened.The patch fixed this

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Hi TTT, that's a very interesting point. I was meaning to post a query about this upgrade, but it had been put on hold.

I'm running the latest Version 9.1 of fs2004, and yet this upgrade has popped up a few times, but being a wary type, have delayed any action. I had noticed that MS mentioned it upgrades to V 9.1, so this was my reason for not using it.

Was I right?

Had been using CFS1 until getting fs2004.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

KenTel wrote:

I'm running the latest Version 9.1 of fs2004, and yet this upgrade has popped up a few times, but being a wary type, have delayed any action. I had noticed that MS mentioned it upgrades to V 9.1, so this was my reason for not using it.

Was I right?

Im a little 😕 You say you are running V9.1,unless MS have added this upgrade to the CDs on newer copies,you would have to d/load it

Ive not had any problems since upgrading

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Hi TTT, only recently bought fs2004 from Amazon. If I click on help, and then about, I'm told that I'm running version 9.1

Can't really argue with that, less someone knows better than I. So if I install this update, with the same version number, is there a chance it will all go pie eyed?

I've had similar events in the past with other software, and then regreted my actions. So I like to use a sprinkling of caution.

Pro Member First Officer

Yep! - you do need to differentiate between 9.0 and 9.1 - I fell foul when first attempting to download Active Camera as this has 2 different D/Ls should you ever try it.

KenTel - How have you managed to retain curls? - I lost mine years ago so now its just a polish - in spite of all those oysters! 😂

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Oh dear, another tit-bit to look at, Active Camera, now I've got the free copy of Fragas, which I find interesting, is this AC similar? Think I need a glass of the grey matter stimulant here, that amber coloured liquid, Hhmmmh!

No, I don't drink it, just massage it into my curls, 😂 😂

Actually, I have found low-level flight most absorbing, but wish the scenary was up to Google Earth standard. Just wonder if the payware UK scenary is worth the money, any ideas? There's one that catches my eye, has photo scenary plus some sort of mesh, but the thumbnail samples, even after a click on for enlargement, are not very impressive, oh well, I got an add on for the Humber Bridge, and I keep taking the TM under that, just wonder if I could get the B52 under, yikes! 😂 😂 Oops!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

It would seem that you do not need to upgrade

As if you run the upgrade,I would hope that it would recognize that your set up was already up to spec
I can find nothing about not installing the patch to newer release's of fs9

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

I agree TTT, I had a good read, and, as you say, could see nothing about installing to a later version.

I haven't tried RM's suggestion yet, I just don't like the idea of having IE as default brouser. Think I'll stick with screen prints for now, till I find something better.