25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
What's a chart?
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 20

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Do you use real flight charts (Terminal Area, Sectional, etc.) when flying in FS?

5 Responses

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Definitly love it! I've always preferred having something in my hands to reference. I download the latest procedures off of www.myairplane.com every month!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Yep me too. I use them a lot. not really sectional charts. But once in a while. Can you guys give me a site where I can get sectional charts. I would pefer a Wisconsin chart. But I use www.airnav.com to get all my approach plates, SIDS, and STARS.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yep, I do, as well. I suppose it goes back to the days of FS 1.0 when scenery was non-existant and there weren't enough navaids in FS. I got the charts and then added the necessary items in the right locations and right frequencies.

Sheesh! I'm sounding like a real old curmudgeon. "Yes, sonny. Back in the old days, we didn'nt have these new-fangled GPS contraptions." 😂

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Haha, yeah, I remember flying way back when too! Landing on the aircraft carrier was one of my favorites =). I remember that you even got to build custom "airplanes" in one of the older FS editions, (although by todays standards they were more like flying trapezoids!) I never got them to fly that well though...

Pro Member Chief Captain

I remember my first "night" flight from Logan to JFK. In those days, night was black with white lines as opposed to white with black lines in the daytime.

I actually used all the ADF help it would give me and finally saw the runway. Lined up and landed...but I forgot to lower the gear. Crying or Very sad