25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
What's a chart?
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 20

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Do you use real flight charts (Terminal Area, Sectional, etc.) when flying in FS?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Definitly love it! I've always preferred having something in my hands to reference. I download the latest procedures off of www.myairplane.com every month!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Yep me too. I use them a lot. not really sectional charts. But once in a while. Can you guys give me a site where I can get sectional charts. I would pefer a Wisconsin chart. But I use www.airnav.com to get all my approach plates, SIDS, and STARS.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yep, I do, as well. I suppose it goes back to the days of FS 1.0 when scenery was non-existant and there weren't enough navaids in FS. I got the charts and then added the necessary items in the right locations and right frequencies.

Sheesh! I'm sounding like a real old curmudgeon. "Yes, sonny. Back in the old days, we didn'nt have these new-fangled GPS contraptions." 😂

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Haha, yeah, I remember flying way back when too! Landing on the aircraft carrier was one of my favorites =). I remember that you even got to build custom "airplanes" in one of the older FS editions, (although by todays standards they were more like flying trapezoids!) I never got them to fly that well though...

Pro Member Chief Captain

I remember my first "night" flight from Logan to JFK. In those days, night was black with white lines as opposed to white with black lines in the daytime.

I actually used all the ADF help it would give me and finally saw the runway. Lined up and landed...but I forgot to lower the gear. Crying or Very sad