Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Payware Jets

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

Just wondering, what is the most realistic/succesful payware aircraft for FS9? Would it be the 737NG, the Level D 767, or the PSS 777 -

Also, is there a payware 757 that is any good out there? Thanks Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

I love the LDS 767, it is my primary AC, but for most realistic I'd have to suggest the CaptainSim Legendary 727.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

You'll have to wait on that payware 757. LDS and PSS are both in development of one, but probably won't be finished for a few more months at least.

If you want the most successful, the PMDG 737NG is probably it. It really set the standard for complex payware aircraft today! However, if you're looking for the most realistic, that's been replaced by a lot of aircraft now. The LDS 767 and PMDG 747 are very realistic aircraft, but PSS did try and take their new 777 to a higher level, right down to the built in weather/turbulence radar in the route display! We'll see with time who wins that one Wink .

I give FeelThere a lot of credit though for realistically modeling their planes. They didn't for the CRJ series and the new 777 series they're developing, becasue they also market "planes for the casual simmer," but their ERJ-145 is one of the most realistically modeled planes out there. It handles just like it should (right down to its taxi performance), and the systems are so thoroughly worked through! Can't wait to see their 737!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks for the background info. I was just wondering. Not saying I'm going to buy anything - I'm just wondering, because I'm getting sick of 2 minute set-ups everytime I depart. Eg. I hate just pressing CTRL+E and then have everything work like it should. I think I'll hold off until the 757's come out, and then I'll make my comparison. Again, thanks for hte help

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

KurtPStevens wrote:

I love the LDS 767, it is my primary AC, but for most realistic I'd have to suggest the CaptainSim Legendary 727.

Especially the autopilot. ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

- I'm just wondering, because I'm getting sick of 2 minute set-ups everytime I depart. Eg. I hate just pressing CTRL+E and then have everything work like it should. my comparison.

You may live to regret saying that Laughing

At 1st the PMDG and LEVEL D can be tiresome Sleep to get up and running(but if its realizum you want)
The auto pilot is also a bit of hard work at 1st,but stick at it,and you will reap the rewards Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

The best part is the satisfaction of knowing you actually got the job done...Thats all I want Wink

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well the best GA payware airplane IMO is the Carenado Cessna 182 RG II. The best Military payware is the Captain Sim C-130. both excellent, worth the money, and the only two airplanes I fly in my hangar.

Pro Member Chief Captain

The PMDG 737, 747 and the Level-D 767 are pretty close in overall quality. It really depends on what kind of flying you like to do. If you don't like long haul, I'd go with the PMDG 737. Their 737-600 is my favorite commercial jet because it handles quite easily.

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

If you are also interested in smaller aircraft..........
Wilco Fleet CRJ 2004 is worth purchasing (CD ROM)
It contains CRJ - 200/700/900. There is also a separtate installation of various liveries
Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain

Those CRJs were developed by FeelThere. I point that out because some of Wilco's blunders like the A380 have turned folks off where Wilco is concerned. BTW, I have them and they are great to fly.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Great Info - thanks guys

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

Those CRJs were developed by FeelThere. I point that out because some of Wilco's blunders like the A380 have turned folks off where Wilco is concerned. BTW, I have them and they are great to fly.

I think that this was one time that they did not blunder.

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

I'm tempted to order this..... http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/viewAProduct.php?pid=163#
looks to be some good gear on here.